Chapter 1

Eva

   Eva was in a park, it was just a regular Sunday afternoon. The weather was pleasant this time around the year.

     A cool breeze was blowing, Emma's black curls were waving with the gush of the wind. She was swinging on a swing. Eva was sitting nearby on a blanket laid on the ground. There was a picnic basket beside her and she was arranging the items from the basket into the plates she had brought along with her.

      She was checking on Emma after every few seconds, Emma was gaily swinging on the swing. Eva smiled at Emma and waved her hand at her. Emma waved backed at Eva giggling.

      Eva than looked around for Mateo, she found him playing football with a bunch of kids a little far from them. Eva could see the smile on his face, Mateo just loved kids and got along so well with them. Eva could never do that, even Emma was more close to Mateo then she was with Eva.

     Eva kept looking in direction of Mateo, he was a very fine football player. And he loved playing football, Mateo was even training Emma to play football.

    Mateo passed the ball to the kid near him and when the kid started running forward with the ball to the goal post the kids from the opposite team started chasing him. When the kid with the ball was near the post and the kid behind him was close enough to get the ball from him, Mateo whistled to the kid and he passed the ball to Mateo who was just standing near to the right of the goal post. It was a cross pass, Mateo got the possession of the ball before any other player could intercept and he hit a goal with a sidekick.

    The kids in whose team Mateo was playing bounced on Mateo with joy and they tumbled to the ground with him. Eva smiled at them, Mateo still was a kid at heart. Mateo shot Eva a glance as he stood from the ground and winked at her. Eva couldn't help the blush on her cheek, Mateo could still make her blush even after two years of marriage.

     Eva then looked back in the direction of Emma and was startled to find Emma was not on the swing. She looked around in search of her. But Emma was nowhere near, she stood up from the blanket and almost ran to the swing, she checked the other slide and swing where other children were playing.

    Eva then asked a lady standing near to a slide if she had seen a girl in a white top and yellow shorts?

    The lady just shook her head and pointed in the direction of the ice cream cart, Eva looked in the direction where the lady had pointed. There she found Emma standing with a man who was sitting on his knees and offering Emma an ice cream.

      Eva found her temper rising, she had told Emma thousands of times to never talk to strangers and never to take anything from a stranger. She hurried to Emma who was now licking the ice cream with a wide grin on her face.

      Eva couldn't see the face of the man because his back was to her, but she felt he looked familiar. Was he Mateo's friend or his colleague, she scanned her mind to find anyone who could match the physique of the man with Emma, but she couldn't remember anyone.

      As she came close to them the man stood up on his feet and turned towards Eva. Eva froze when she saw the face of the man who was now holding Emma's finger. She was looking at him petrified, Taimur just gave her a smirk and Emma spoke at the same instant "Mommy, I found daddy".

     Eva sat up on the bed with a jolt, she was panting heavily. Her throat was dry and she could feel the racing of her heart.

    She looked at Mateo, who was in deep sleep beside her. Eva checked the time in the clock on the side table, it was 5 O'Clock in the morning. This was the second time she had the same dream in a week.