Chapter 19

A/N: Holy... 600 reads? Amazing! Thank you all so much!!! <3

~katehemmings01

Jamie's P.O.V

I woke up really early the next morning. Too early. I sat up and looked at my clock. 5:30 am. Ugh... School doesn't start until 8!! Fuck. I laid my head back down on the pillow and shut my eyes.

After what seemed like hours of tossing and turning and trying to fall back to sleep, I gave up. Once again, I sat up and checked my alarm clock. 5:35.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me. That was only five minutes? This is going to be a hell of a long day." I mumbled to myself. I stumbled my way out of bed and went into my bathroom. I started running the water in the shower.

The hot water soothed my tense muscles. Why the fuck am I so stressed out today? Maybe I'm just nervous for the date... Even though I shouldn't be. I just stood in the shower, thinking about how the date was going to go.

When I finally got out of the shower, it was only 6:30. I threw on a random t shirt and skinny jeans, put on mascara, and wandered downstairs to the kitchen.

Mom was still asleep, so I decided to make her and I breakfast. I plugged in headphones to my phone, and played music. I danced around the kitchen, making bacon and eggs.

While everything was cooking, I set the table with 2 plates, silverware, and a napkin in each spot. I looked over to the eggs and bacon and realized I made too much for just the two of us. I grabbed another plate, more silverware, and another napkin and set out a third place.

I decided to call Dad to join us.

"Buddy the Elf, what's your favourite colour?" He chuckled as he answered the phone. I laughed at him.

"Dad! It's no where close to Christmas yet!"

"Is it an issue that I watched Elf in the middle of April?"

"No. I do it too. I get it from you! Anyways, I was making breakfast and thought I would ask if you wanted to join us?"

"Are you sure your mother will be okay with that?"

"Dad... You two get along better now than ever before. Even if she wouldn't be okay with that, she has to fucking deal with it. I haven't seen you in who knows how long, so I deserve to spend some fucking quality time with you, and she doesn't need to be a pain in the ass if I want to see you."

"Holy. When I last saw you, you never swore."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I get very irritated with Mom these days. But can you come? Please?"

"Okay, sure. I will be there in 10."

"Thank you. Bye." I smiled as I hung up. I rushed over to the food, and put it out on plates on the table. I was about to go upstairs and wake my mom, when she came in the kitchen.

"Well, you're up early this morning." She had a very surprised look on her face.

"Well good morning to you too." I responded. "Dad's coming over for breakfast. Is that okay with you?" She must have seen that I really wanted this to happen.

"Yes. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Because you two split, and you haven't let me go to LA to see my father. It gives me the memo that you don't like him."

"I still like him, just not as much as I used to."

"Mhm. Whatever makes you sleep at night. Anyways, he'll be her in like 5 minutes. So, be nice. If you need to be mean, take it out on me."

"I would never take my anger out on you."

"Oh yeah sure. Like shit you wouldn't. Are you sick? Normally you would jump at the chance." She stepped backwards.

"I thought we had fixed the problems in our relationship?"

"We did. Sorry... You just caught me on a bad day." I sighed as there was a knock at the door. "Hey daddy." I smiled and hugged him.

"Hey honey." He slipped his shoes off as he entered. I lead him into the kitchen and I sat down inbetween mom and dad. "So, Jamie... Why are you up so early? Last time I seen you, you never got up this early." I laughed.

"I still sleep in. Just today, I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't fall back asleep. Anyways, dig in!" We all grabbed our food and began to eat.

"So, Claire... I have heard how Jamie has been, but what about you?" Dad asks.

"I've been good... Not much has been going on... What about you?" My mother answers. I smile slightly to myself, at her actually making an effort in the conversation.

"I have been pretty good as well. I got a new job in LA."

"Oh my god! You did? What is it?" I cut in excitedly. He just chuckled.

"I have become a manager. I just signed with a new upcoming artist." My mouth falls open.

"Who is it?"

"His name is River. River Reid. He's a real talented guy." He pushed his phone across the table to me, and on the screen a video was displayed. I clicked play, and watched the video while mom and dad continued their conversation. All I can say about River, is he is fucking amazing.