Chapter 6

Jamie's P.O.V

I'm scared to the max.  People are not all that accepting of me and I was praying that this girl would be different.  We waited a few minutes for a girl, about my age,  to come to the door.  Must be the one Mom was talking about.  She looks nice.  It was really awkward because she said nothing and neither did Connor or I.

"Hi!  I'm Connor and this is Jamie!" Connor says breaking the silence.

"Um, hi."  I awkwardly add.

"Hi, I'm Madelynne." She says.

"We brought you some cookies.  I'm the next door neighbor, and Connor here just lives one street over.  He's a friend."  I said warming up to Madelynne and handing her the cookies.

"You sure you're just friends?"  She questioned glancing at our intertwined hands.

"Uh yeah.  Just friends...  For now." Connor said with a wink. "Anyways we best be off!  We will see you around!  Jamie will probably bump into you at school!"

I look back and wave.

--Later that day--

Connor and I have just been walking around aimlessly since we talked to Madelynne.

"I'm bored. I think I'm gonna go pick out an outfit for next Saturday!  I can't wait!" I squeal.

"Why wait then? vLet's go tonight!v We can go back to your place and pick out an outfit for you, and then we will go back to my place and match an outfit of mine to yours!" Connor says with a wink.  I  jump with excitement and tug him back to my house.

~

When we got back to the house, my dogs came running up to us.

"Awe, they're cute!  What are their names and what kind are they?" Connor asks me, petting them.

"That's Daisy and that's Duke.  They are Jugs. Jack Russell, Pug mix." I tell him.   He gave me a funny look when I told him what kind they were.  He has obviously never heard of a Jug before.  I just giggle at him and grab his hand, leading him to my room.

~

After what seemed like an hour we decided on casual outfits  since we didn't want to do anything too extreme.  I just have a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a plain white long sleeve shirt, my pale pink beanie and my music note toms.  Connor has his beige skinny jeans, a navy blue tshirt, navy blue toms, and his cheetah SnapBack.  Finally ready!