Chapter 11

Jamie's P.O.V

After we get home from our big shopping day, it was pretty late.  We all say our good byes and go home to bed. 

~

The next morning, I  get up at 6 to shower and get ready for school.  Not fun.  As soon as my alarm went off,  I slowly sit up in my bed and sigh.  It can't be Monday...  I get up and went to shower.  That takes about 20 minutes of my life.  As soon as I hop out, I go over to my closet. 

"Ugh...  No, No, No...  What on earth can I wear?"  I grumble.  The daily struggle of a girl.  

I finally decide on my light wash skinny jeans and one of my new 5 Seconds of Summer tops.  I check myself out in the mirror, and start to do my makeup.  Nothing too extreme, just a little foundation and concealer and my mascara.  I quickly run a brush through my hair and skip downstairs. 

"Hey Honey, why you in such a rush? It's only 7."  Mom asks me. 

"Only 7?  Mom, School starts at 8!"  I panick.

"The school is just down the road.  God kid...  you have too much stress for your age.  Here's a bagel." 

"Mom.  If I am going to see Connor before school, I need to leave NOW!  I don't have much time with him!!"

"You also need to take Madelynne to school.  I told her mom you would show her the way."

"Okay, not a problem.  I'll pick her up after I visit Connor.  Bye!!"  I slip out the door. 

I just pass Madelynne's house as I hear yelling.

"Hey Jamie!!  You're showing me the way to school today right?"  She calls.

"Oh yeah I will.  School starts at 8.  I'll be here at 7:55 to pick you up!  Don't be late!  I'm going to Connor's before school!  See you in a bit!"  I wave and carry on my way.  

When I get to Connor's house, the front door is locked.

Hmm...  He must be asleep still.

I don't want to wake him from his beauty sleep, so I crawl in through his bedroom window.  It was thankfully unlocked.  I sit down, straddling him.  I just watch him.  He isn't waking up...  I poke his cheek.  Still nothing. 

"Con.  Wake up.  I have to go to school soon and wanted to see if you wanted to hang out after school."  I say quite loudly.  He suddenly snaps into reality.

"Whoa...  Hey Jamie.  Aren't you supposed to be at school?  How did you get in?"  He questions. 

"School starts in about half an hour.  I have 25 minutes with you until I have to leave, and I took the window route."  I laugh pointing to the window.  He chuckles and throws me off of him, onto the bed beside him. 

"This is BORING!!!  Wake up so we can go get coffee before I have to go. " I look over to him. 

"I don't wanna get dressed. "  He pouts. 

"I'll pick out your outfit then.  How's that?"  I tell him getting up.  He nods eagerly.  Lazy ass.  I go through his drawers and grabbing random articles of clothing throwing them towards him.  Talk about the most awkward thing ever...  I had to get his boxers for him. 

"There!  Get dressed!  I'll be waiting outside."  I say, exiting the house through the window.

After about 10 minutes, Connor finally comes out ready to leave.  I roll my eyes as soon as he comes up to me. 

"What?"  He asks.

"That took you a god damn eternity!  We only have 15 minutes until I have to leave.  Starbucks is 10 minutes away, walking distance.  Then, I will only have 5 friggin minutes to get back to Madelynne's, pick her up and walk to school!  I need at least 10 minutes advance to do all of that, Connor."  I say panicked.

"Okay,  then I will go get the car keys and I'll drive you."  He suggests.

"No.  You just get in the fucking car.  I'll get the keys.  I can't risk being late for school again.  Even if it's a torcher chamber."  I say walking into the house. 

I run inside and grab the keys off of the counter, running out of the house back to the car. 

"Drive."  I say, throwing Connor the keys. 

"You were ticked off at me earlier weren't you?"  Connor asks with a cheesy smile, as we arrive at Starbucks. 

"No, Con.  It's just...  I can't risk being late again for school.  My mom would kill me.  Not to mention I would get expelled.  I have skipped out on school so many times.  That's what happens when the bitches get you down."  I say with a fake smile.  

We go into the building and order the usuals.  I also order Madelynne's favourite for her. Once we get our drinks, Connor drives me over to Madelynne's. 

"Hey Jamie, do you want me to drive you two down to the school?"  He asks.

"No, but thanks.  I need to show her the shortcut when you walk.  You can't exactly take a car through there!"  I say with a wink, getting out of the car.  I wave to Connor as he drives off. 

I approach the door and knock, hoping she'd be quick. I stand there for a couple of minutes. 

"Come on Madelynne!  Let's go!  I have your Cotton Candy Frappe!  Get your ass in gear!"  I yell as I open the door.  As soon as she hears Cotton Candy Frappe, she runs straight to me.  We take off down the road to school. 

 ~

We arrive at the school.

"Welcome back to the hell hole."  I sigh as we enter the school.