I Had Her First

IMPORTANT

The story is being re-edited and changed. This chapter has not been re-edited yet and does not fit the story line of the previous chapters. 

Don't read this chapter until it has been re-edited to fit the previous chapters. 

Titles will be changed to  say "Chapter #- Edited" once they have been edited and fit the story. 

If you are in the middle of reading the story, you can finish reading it but it is being changed and redone to be very different. If you would rather start over and read the new version, it is being updated regularly.

-------

Cole's POV

"Cole, they're getting ready to eat downstairs. Why don't you come get something?" Sarah asked with a gently hand on my shoulder. "You've been sitting by Audrey all morning. She would want you to eat." As she paused, Daniel slowly walked in behind her, watching me with a blank face.

"And Daniel's going to be in here with her so if anything happens, he'll let us know. Come on." She said as she lightly pulled on my arm. I eyed Daniel carefully as we walked out into the hallway and down the stairs to the large kitchen-dining room in the pack house.

As we got close I could strongly smell the eggs, bacon, orange juice, and all the Kaiden already in the dining room. When we walked in, all the heads turned to look at us.

"Glad you could join us." Neo joked, patting me on the back as Sarah and I sat down next to each other. When everyone started to dig into the warm food, one of Jason's men spoke up.

"So what happens now?" He asked turned toward me and Sarah. "I mean now that we're all safe and Audrey's doing better." He clarified, waiting for our answer.

I looked at Sarah as she started to answer in a soft voice. "I suppose you can go back to your homes when your ready, but Cole and I are going to stay here with Audrey until she's strong enough to go home." She said and I nodded in agreement. I wasn't going anywhere until I knew Audrey was strong enough.

"And what are we supposed to do? Just go back home like nothing happened?" One of the other Kaiden spoke up from across the table.

There was an uncomfortable silence between Sarah and I and the Kaiden as we all sat around the table, no really looking at each other.

"I guess-" Sarah started before there was a loud bang coming from upstairs in Audrey's room. Before I could even think, my wolf went on instinct and darted towards the stairs, going up them 3 at a time just to get to her room faster.

As I ran down the hall I heard everyone's footsteps close behind me. When I got to her room, I quickly threw the door open, and going on my wolf's instincts, I connected the first person I saw to be harming my already injured mate, which just happened to be Daniel.

I instantly grabbed his neck and threw him against the wall, quickly moving over to check on Audrey. She was still sleeping and her breathing was fine so I let out a deep breath.

"Cole, what's your problem?! I swear if you ever touch one of my men again, I'll-" Jason started before I gave into my wolf and whirled around, grabbing his throat and pushing him against the wall. As I lifted him off the ground I snarled, pushing him harder into the wall as I spoke.

"Don't you dare threaten me Kaiden. If any of your men even think about touching my mate again, I'll rip their head clean off their shoulders. Do you understand me?" My alpha tone ringing clear in the air, stating my authority throughout the house as I tightened my grip around Jason's already bruising throat.