Chapter 11- Edited

Cole's POV

I quickly searched through the house, looking for my mate but finding no hint of her anywhere. All the bedrooms in the pack house were empty of Audrey and fear began to rise in my chest.

"Where's Audrey?" I asked my mom who sat in the kitchen downstairs, panic strewn throughout my voice. She handed me a cup of coffee trying to calm me but I refused it. "Where is she?" I said more harshly than before, my need growing to see my mate.

"The doctor and your father took her to the hospital early yesterday morning. She needed a little blood and she was dehydrated." She replied calmly, trying to calm me dowb. I could tell she was just as worried as I was.

"Blood? She was cut?" I asked not remembering her bleeding at all when I brought her back.

"She just had a few cuts on her arms and legs. It's wasn't anything major. They just wanted to be safe." My mother said as she nodded, looking at me sadly. My anger rose again as I thought of John hurting my mate.

"Can I see her?" I asked permission this time, wanting to see her on fair terms.

My mom nodded, smiling, "I thought you'd never ask." She started for her car as I quickly followed and we drove to the hospital.

I felt my stomach twist in hunger as it growled loud enough for my mom to hear. "I thought about that." she smiled and handed me a sandwich she had packed in her purse, which I accepted with a thank you and devoured. As we pulled up to the hospital, my wolf was itching to see our mate.

I opened and jumped out the door before my mom even stopped the car.
The elevator moved to slowly for me as we rose to the 6th floor.

"Room 184." My mom said before we reached her room. The doctor was just coming out and he greeted us.

"Alpha." he lowered his head respectfully.

"How is she?" My mom asked before I could get a word out.

"We ended up having to give her blood early this morning but she's stable. You can see her." he said seeing my anxious state.

I quickly opened the heavy door and saw her sleeping body laying underneath the off white blankets. I sat next to her bed, holding her hand. I looked at her tired face, listening to her heartbeat, her chest rising slowly with every breath. Her hand tightened within mine as she woke from her peaceful rest.

"Cole." I heard her whisper.

"I'm here." I soothed her hair as her tired eyes focused on me.

"I'm sorry." she started before I gently squeezed her hand.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for, baby." I said trying to keep my face calm as my heart ached for her.

"I got Collin hurt." she whispered, regretful.

"He's fine. It was just a scratch." I said tucking some hair behind her ear like I loved to do. I laid my head down on her bed next to her as she brought her weak hand and laid it softly on my head. She ran her fingers through my hair as I laid my hand gently on her thigh and hummed both of us to sleep.

-----------

Audrey's POV

I was finally able to go home with Cole after 2 more days stuck in that awful hospital bed. I was feeling better, like the things that happened a few days ago were a distant memory besides the 2 scars John so kindly left on my right forearm. They were fairly long, almost 3 inches each across the bottom side on my arm about an inch above my wrist. I had just got the bandages taken off as we left the hospital.