Chapter 27

I WANT TO GO TO A HALLOWEEN PARTY :'(

_______________

     Chapter 27    

________________

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

When Menzies bought the car around and I made sure he knew my father disapproved. He sighed, looking at me worriedly and hesitantly, he was like a nicer, more caring version of my father- Like a dream dad.

“Elise, if your father says no you should listen, he’s doing it for the best.”

“Menzies, how would you feel being trapped in a place you’re supposed to call home? Not being able to go out without having the area set up with security in every building and half a dozen body guard surrounding you?”

“Elise…”

“Menzies, please! I just want to go out for a few minutes and then I’ll be back. You can tell my dad I ran out and said I was going to the garden and you didn’t see me after that,” I begged.

Menzies sighed loudly looking at me, I pouted slightly trying to guilt him letting me go.

“Menzies can I talk to you for a second?” Luke said, pulling Menzies to the side.

I watched as both their mouths opened and closed as they were discussing something seriously.

A few minutes past and they were back to standing near the door on either side of me.

Menzies grabbed my hand and flipped it palm side up. He dropped the car keys into my hand with a concerned smile on his face.

“You better be back in twenty minutes,” He warned.

A huge smile appeared on my face “I will, thank you Menzies!” I squealed and hugged him before pulling back awkwardly.

“Haha, that’s ok, Dear.”

I held my hand out for the keys with eager eyes. Menzies tilted his head towards Luke making me turn around questioningly to face the six foot three man.

“Luke…” I said holding my hand out.

“I’m coming with you.”

“What! No you’re not!” I shrieked, “Menzies! You didn’t say anything about Luke coming!” I whined.

He just shrugged, “Take it or leave it Sweetie, it’s Luke, not a guard.”

“Luke is a guard!” I shrieked, “Luke give me the damn keys!”

Menzies raised an eyebrow at my language.

“I didn’t swear Menzies… Damn is not a swear.”

“It is in my time. Besides, you’re a lady and a princess, Elise. You can’t go around unprotected; your kidnapping is proof of that Elise. Be glad I’m even risking this, I could lose my job.”

“Menzies, there’s more to my kidnapping then you know, and I wouldn’t let you get fired over this. Luke, give me the da- give me the keys.”

“Elise, you know you need to go, stop wasting time,” Luke said dangling the keys by the ring on his index finger.

I stood there looking at both men in front of me and trying to think of a way out.

Maybe I could tackle Luke to the floor… Yea, that wouldn’t work.

“I’m driving,” I stated, snatching the keys from Luke and stalking towards where the car was.

“So what’s the plan?” Luke asked catching up to me easily.