Chapter 12

JESS: I'm sorry it's short, I just typed this up.

I feel so sick, it's not even funny how many fortune cookies I've eaten today -.-

 I know I was meant to upload like 2 days ago when chapter 11 got 10 votes, but due to my procrastination I didn't realize I had an assignment due today and had to finish that.

Today was a pretty fun day for me though, a bit shocking but fun. I was at late night with my friends we were eating dinner at this Thai resturant near the shopping center it was pretty nice :d

 Then we went shopping and I bought these amazing black skinny jeans, they look so good but are a mission to wear.

WATCH THE VIDEO TO THE SIDE! I LAUGHED SO MUCH.

AND WATCH HIS OTHER VIDEO'S IF YOU ARE WOG YOU'LL UNDERSTAND HOW FUNNY THEY ARE!!!

 fouseyTUBE

is his youtube account.

_______________

     Chapter 12    

_________________

I sat on the couch flicking through the same five channels over and over again. I had adjusted the antenna on the television over and over again and now there was little to no static on the screen.

The same Spanish soap opera was on, and once again I couldn’t understand what was happening. The subtitles changed so fast that I could only read about six or seven words before it changed. From what I had understood, there was a girl who was struck in a love triangle in between two hideous males that were obviously cheesy bastards, yet every character thought they were romantic Gods.

I watched sleepily as out of nowhere one of the guys ex girlfriends shot the girl before music that was supposed to intrigue and shock the audience.

I pressed the ‘info’ button on the remote to see the time. It had been almost two hours since Walter had left to get us food and he still hadn’t returned. He had left reluctantly, not wanting to leave me alone in the motel, but we knew it was safer if I didn’t go. Walter had said he’d be gone no longer than half an hour but now it was well past that.

I got up and started pacing the room worriedly. I contemplated unlocking the door and heading to the diner a few blocks away but decided against it.

Walter would get really angry if I did go and nothing was wrong, but a little voice inside of me kept telling me that something was wrong.

I had to make sure everything was ok, I don’t know why I felt so responsible but I just had to.

So I turned off the TV, slipped on my cream colored oxfords. I wasn’t stupid enough to just walk out of the room without anything on me so I looked through every nook and cranny I could find. I knew Walter would have hid a weapon somewhere in the room, that much I was sure of… I just didn’t know where he had hid it.

After tearing the whole room apart a thought came to me, everywhere I looked would have been hard to get to during a fight, Walter had to have hid it in an obvious yet concealed spot that he could get to easily, yet wasn’t noticeable, and it to be a last resort right?

I thought about all those fight scenes in movies. They actors almost always pick something off the floor when they get thrown onto the ground during a brawl. So with a smirk on my face I crouched down and felt around underneath the couch.

“Bingo.” I whispered when I grabbed onto something cold. I pulled it out and tucked the gold and black butterfly knife into my pocket making sure that it wouldn’t stab my thigh when I walked or ran.

Satisfied I quickly put everything back to how it was and unlocked the door. I stuck out my head checking if anyone was out there before I cautiously stepped out of the room locking the door behind me and tucking the key into the back pocket of my worn out jeans.

I crept down the small corridor, feeling as though it was closing in around me. I was glad when I finally reached the door that opened up to about four flights of stairs. I quickly descended down them and opened up the door that led to the lobby, two stories down from my motel room.

I took a deep breath before stepping out and casually walking out of the motel doors making sure to keep my head low as to not attract attention.

The streets were empty with only a few people walking up and down the sidewalks. Occasionally a car would drive past blasting loud techno music when they did.

My legs were getting tired and my chest began to ache as I continued walking towards the direction of the Diner Walter had described.

I was regretting this.

I shouldn’t have even considered walking, it was so much further than I had thought.

Sighing, I started to hum a slow classical song my mother used to play on our grand piano almost every night. It was her own composition, one of many that she had taught me.

Finally I reached the diner, my legs felt like jelly as I looked up at the small corner restaurant painted a forest green with canary yellow window frames and door.

On top of the diner was three levels of apartments with red brick walls chipped black window frames and a black fire escape ladders on the right side above the diners’ entrance.

I pushed open the glass door and slipped both my hands into the front pockets of my dark denim jeans. I casually walked in, scoping out the small yet crowded diner for Walter all while keeping my right hand tightened around the knife.

I was glad I wasn’t wearing any makeup as I approached the counter. I knew I looked so much more different than I did in the touched up magazine articles but I was still hesitant as I asked the waitress if she had seen someone like Walter.

“He has green eyes, that are sort of hazel as well, long eyelashes, black hair, really tall, bushy eyebrows… Ring a bell?” I asked her.

She tucked a loose bit of her black hair inside her hair net as her brown eyes stared at me blankly.

“Do you know how many people there are in here right now?” She said rolling her eyes.

“Did you see him? Yes or no?” I asked getting impatient and quite frankly, scared.

“I don’t know.” She shrugged. “Jannet!” She yelled into the half wall behind her where a few cooks were making orders.

“What?” A brown haired woman yelled walking up to the wall in the same mustard colored uniform.

“Have you seen a guy that’s tall, has black hair, bushy eyebrows, green eyes.”

“Um…” She thought for a bit, biting her thin lips in thought. “I think I have,” She said after a few minutes. “he’s cute right?” She asked me, smiling.

I nodded showing the fake gold band on my left hand “He’s my husband.” I smiled using the lie Walter had come up with when we went to the hospital.

“Newly weds?” She smiled forcefully.

“You could say that, so do you know where he went? I couldn’t see him.”

“Well, he ordered some food and then a buddy of his came and they started talking then went outside together and I haven’t seen where he went.”

My eyes widened slightly “What did the other guy look like?” I asked, my voice laced with panic.

“He was a bit…over weight,” She whispered the last bit like it was a cuss word “balding, and a bit old.”

My hand shot to my mouth as my eyes almost popped out of their sockets. “Was he limping?” I all but yelled.

“Yea, I think he was. Why? Is something wrong?” She asked curiously.

“Oh my goodness.” I panicked. Millions of bad thought flew through my mind “How long ago did they leave?”

“I’m not sure… maybe half an hour.”

“Holy Crabby patties!” I shouted before running out the store.

10 VOTES NEEDED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS TO WALTER!!!