Chapter 13

JESS:  I'm telling you know, I'm in a bad mood so please don't complain about not uploading.

Why I'm in a bad mood you may ask? Or not...

I may have already told you guys that I almost got suspended from my saturday school? If not you should fan me and read my online diary.

Other than that all my assignments were due this week, the week before and the next week, my topic tests and stuff are coming up. I've been under house arrest in a way which sucks. I might be getting braces april 2nd :S

My friend didn't invite me to her 16th yet she talks about it around me :@

My school decided to cancel the year 10 formal because the teachers are too lazy to supervise. mother fudge cakes!

My doctor can't find out why I keep fainting so I have to do all the same tests I did last year again. SUCKS MALE PARTS.

honestly it's not like those tests like just blood test whatever. It's like MRI's heart rate monitoring, specialists, nerve reflects, brain wave crap, vitamin level tests, small electrocutions etc etc.

This is why I hate doctors.

 ANYWAY

10 votes needed for me to upload

______________

     Chapter 13    

_______________

10 votes needed for me to upload

“Oh for Pete’s sake Walter! What kind of cop are you!” I shouted to no one in particular as I half walked half ran across every footpath. I crossed every road around the diner looking for any clue that Walter had walked through there.

Although I knew it was a kind of pointless man hunt.

There was no way that George would have been able to take Walter without looking even the slightest bit suspicious…

It didn’t make sense!

Where could they be?

I frantically looked through every dark corner, every alleyway and even through the windows of every store I passed earning weird looks from pedestrians as well as several honks and wolf whistles.

The sun was beginning to set sending an orange and purple hue to cloud over the sky.

I was becoming more and more worried as time passed, almost to the verge of hysteria.

I knew that if I didn’t find Walter, and soon, I was technically doomed. I didn’t know my way back to the diner, let alone the motel. I had walked so far that the stores and small boutiques bordering every road had changed into residential apartments.

Parks abused with sharpies and spray paint were completely empty as the moon shone little to no light on them.

The night air turned chilly as goose pumps appeared along my bare arms.

I anxiously walked up to one of the two swings and sat down, gently swinging back and forth on it while keeping a wary eye on the trees and bushes to the right.

The wind blew gently making my hair blow about around me and the leaves rustle.

I just needed to clear my mind a little bit and think this out so I could back track my steps.

After a few minutes I got off the swing and re traced my steps. I passed the same shops that were now closed and the same apartments.

The night air was becoming chilly, giving me an eerie feeling. I cautiously looked around me, expecting Amberley to pop up out of nowhere and attack me.

Picking up my pace I hastily speed walked towards the now visible diner.

The sky was completely dark now and a single street light bushed on and off. I turned around in my spot doing a complete three-sixty.

It was then that I noticed the small, secluded alley in between the diner and the building next to it.

Slowly I reached for the knife in my pocket and pulled it out, gripping it firmly by my side.

My heart rate accelerated and my breaths came out in quick pants.

I wasn’t even sure if I’d find anything. For all I knew Walter could have gone back to the motel and noticed I had gone missing, he could be looking for me.

I took in a deep breath and held it for as long as I could before slowly breathing out and walking to what I hoped wasn’t my doom.

The whole alley way was dark, green trash cans and full black plastic bags lined the alleyway from beginning to end.

Empty boxes from various frozen food companies filled any empty spaced along the walls, stacked on top of each other into tall piles.

I walked further and further, deeper and deeper, until eventually the light from the street lamps no longer did any good.

I had no idea what I was walking into.

Literally…

The trash can I bumped into tumbled to the floor, scattering rubbish as it rolled down further into the darkness.

I sucked in a deep breath as my heart sped up even more feeling like it was about to thump out of my chest.

When no scream, groan or any noise at all came from the alley, my body visibly relaxed and my heart rate almost immediately returned to normal. My firm and sweaty grip around the knife loosened, yet I still held onto it.

I walked further into the alley, blinking rapidly to get my eyes to adjust to the lack of light while watching my where I stepped.

I kept on walking until I could make out the stone wall at the end of the alley.

After much contemplation I decided on going back to the motel. Being out this late in a foreign town was extremely dangerous for anyone, let alone the princess - especially one that was currently in hiding.

Plus the motel had extra security, even though nobody knew it. And besides, Walter was a grown man –twenty-five to be precise. He was a cop, who had probably been in tons of situations like this before. Weren’t cops trained for situations like this anyway?

I nodded my head and answered my own question out loud. Realizing what I had done, I slyly looked around hoping nobody was around to witness that.

I felt my face heat up and knew I was blushing. Finally remembering what I had just agreed on I took my hand out of my pocket -leaving the knife in it- and walking back in what I hoped was the direction of the motel.

***

I was humming a song that was stuck in my head as I climbed up the stairs. When I reached the right floor I closed my eyes and nodded to the fast paced techno beat I was humming to. When I got up to the part of the song that I didn’t know I stopped and walked towards our room number.

Getting the key out I unlocked the door and stepped in.

“Elise, run!” I heard a deep, panicked voice shout.

“Walter?”  I asked stupidly, standing there.

I should have run like he told me to.