Chapter 12

"No. Impossible." Chris whispered.
Raynage gritted his teeth together. "Obviously that's not the case here. We need to get to the other side of the dome!" Raynage activated his comm. link. " All units meet at the city controls! We need to get on the other side of the Secondary Dome! Civilian protection is now the top priority!" There was a collective, "Yes sir!" Ringing throughout the comm. links before both Chris and the commander made their ways to the city controls.
"What do you think kid?" Raynage asked Chris.
"About what, sir?" Chris replied.
"About that dragon. How do you think it managed to pass through the dome, even when the rest of it's kind including the witches couldn't?" Raynage asked again.
Chris thought for a moment. "I think that that dragon doesn't have a physical body. I think that it is comprised of pure electricity, and that's how it passed through the dome. I believe that it momentarily merged with the electricity of the Secondary Dome, then reformed it's body on the other side." Chris answered. "This is all pure theory though, sir."
"Kid, most of our so called 'understanding ' of the witches and dragons is made up of theory and pure guesswork." Raynage replied as they landed on the city controls entry platform. "If your theory is all we have to go on, then it will be considered the explanation until further notice."
Chris nodded in response as they ran through the city controls building to the other side of the dome. When they reached the opposite side of the dome, they exited through that side's exit platform and took off after the dragon that was currently in the midst of battle with the Cyber-Guards and Soldiers that were on scene. However, the 'battle' didn't last long, because just like before, the dragon let out a roar and the officers fell from the air.
"How do we kill that thing?" Chris demanded.
"I don't know, it looks like we're just gonna have to close off the t-station until we find a way." Raynage responded. As if someone had heard him, the large metal gates that lead into the t-station began to close. They were able to fully close before the dragon could pass through.
Chris looked through the glass windows that surrounded the t-station. He looked at the train, and at the people around it. How long has it been since the Underground Cables had been activated? That Cyber-Tech said that it would take less than half an hour for them to activate. But as Chris looked at the large, unruly crowd surrounding the train, it didn't look like the train that he'd put Hamay and Katina on had left yet.
"What is taking them so long?" He muttered angrily to himself. Chris turned his head back to the dragon.
It was just floating there. Looking around at everything. Then Chris remembered something as he looked to his right. The electricity cables that the City Won generator powered! The dragon could use those to enter the t-station! Chris snapped his head back towards the dragon. It didn't look like the dragon had noticed the cables yet, but it was better safe than sorry. Chris had to disconnect the cables from the t-station.
"Sir, I'll be right back!" Chris exclaimed as he flew off towards the t-station controls, not giving the commander a chance to respond.
Chris followed the large cables to their source, the t-station controls. He pounded his fists on the doors. They were opened ever so slightly by a frightened Cyber-Guard.
"Who is it?" They asked quietly.
"Dave? Is that you in there?" Chris asked before shaking his head. "Whatever! Lemme in Dave!"
Chris pushed past Dave and headed straight for the main controls for the cables.
When he got there, the room he saw was full of thick lines of cables and smaller wires. He couldn't see a control panel or a large red button that read OFF.
"Dave, how do you disconnect the cables from the t-station?" Chris asked.
Dave looked at Chris nervously. "Uh...I don't know."
"What the hell do you mean you don't know!" Chris shouted.
Dave put his hands up defensively. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I was put here just yesterday! I barely know how to work the doors!"
Chris glared at him. Then took out his rifle.
"What are you doing?" Dave asked.
"Dave, if I have learned anything from Dan. It is that when in doubt, shoot it with fire!" Chris replied. "Figuratively speaking of course."
Then Chris shot the nearest cable. Then the next. Then the next. Until there were only three connected cables left.
Chris aimed his rifle at another cable before the lights began to flicker, before they went out completely.
"Dave. You gotta run." Chris said.
"Why?" Dave asked. "Whaaahhhh!"
Chris turned to see Dave's body jerk in all directions before he collapsed on the floor. Chris saw the ends of the broken cables flicker with sparks. The dragons had discovered the cables! Chris quickly shot two of the three remaining cables before pointing his rifle at the last one. Then, ZAP!
The smaller sized version of the dragon appeared from behind and shot Chris. He stumbled as the electricity coursed through his body. Luckily it didn't kill him.
Chris had just enough time to look up, and point his rifle at the cables right before the dragon re entered them. The cables blew apart.
The dragon turned to him angrily. Then charged right at him.
Chris shakily turned and ran.
He didn't know where he was going. He just had to get away from the dragon!
Then Chris felt something hit the back of his head before electricity coursed through his body once again.
Chris fought the pain as he barrelled his way through two doors. Unfortunately, those two doors led straight into the t-station.
His work had been for nothing. The dragon still managed to enter the t-station.