Chapter 11 Electricity

The Cyber-Guards and Cyber-Soldier commander watched as the dark orange dome rose from it's grounded projectors.

The dome rose until it covered the t-station, and a part of the city itself.
When the dome made contact with the walls of the t-station, the commander tensed.

"Now let's hope that the Underground Cables work." He whispered to himself, then stood straight again. "Okay men! The easy part's over! There's still the matter of eradicating the enemy, those of you who need to stay here to maintain the Secondary Dome, stay, as for the rest of you, follow me! And don't give me any complaints about how you all need to stay here! I know you don't!"

Chris sighed. "I'll go. You know the Secondary Dome better than I do, Dan. Stay."

"What? Chris-" Dan started.

"It's okay, Dan. I'll see you after I help clean up this mess!" Chris interrupted with a smile as he and five others ran after the commander.

Dan watched as his oldest friend ran towards battle.
"Be careful, Chris." Dan said.

~~~

The commander was already on his hover board, soaring towards the battle when the sunlight first touched Chris' face.

He and his colleagues didn't hesitate in the slightest as they activated their gauntlets, jumped off the control centre's entry platform, and threw their own hover boards out in front of them.

Chris heard his hover board unfold itself to it's full size, right before he landed on it.
He reached down to his belt and removed the two pieces of his rifle, connected them, then activated his rifle. It lit up with a blue light, then Chris activated his face guard, and flew into an attack formation behind the commander.

"You Cyber-Guards better not run like little kids when you lay your eyes on a witch or dragon for the first time. It gives 'em motive to chase and hunt you down." Raynage said.

"Uh, thanks?" Chris replied uncertainly.

"Commander!" Someone called from a distance. Another Cybernetic Officer wearing wrap around protective glasses flew in next to the commander.

"Jake! Did you activate the Underground Cables?" Raynage asked.

"Went off without a boom, sir!" Jake replied cheerfully. "The t-station should receive it's power within the next half hour!"

"Good!" Raynage exclaimed. Then the commander turned towards the clueless Cyber-Guards.

"Boys, meet Jake Neance. Head Assistant Scientist of the Cybernetic Research and Experimentation Field Unit!" He explained.

"Hey there!" Jake exclaimed. "You all excited to see some dragons and witches? I know I am!" Then the man flew down towards the ruined city, screaming with joy at the top of his lungs.

"Don't mind Jake. The kid's a genius, but he tends to be a bit eccentric." Raynage said.

"Now enough talk! We got a city to save!"

The Cyber-Guards roared a battle cry in response, as they too flew down to the infested streets of City Won.

Chris watched as the commander flew down into combat confidently. He watched as he quickly decapitated two witches, and flew towards a dragon.

"Incredible." Chris muttered to himself. "He's absolutely incredible at this."

Then Chris followed the commander, ready to fight the dragon, but the commander stopped in mid air.

"Sir?" Chris asked.

"That, is not a normal dragon." The commander said.

Chris looked at the dragon in question, and realized that the commander was right.

Although Chris had never seen head nor tail of an actual dragon in his entire life before that very day, he wasn't entirely incompetent that he didn't have any idea about what a dragon was supposed to look like.

He had always pictured dragons to look like giant versions of the reptiles the instructors had shown him and his comrades back in his trainee days. Scaled, claws, some had wings, and of course they were the size of the average City Newn building.

The dragon that was before looked almost nothing like that.

It had the reptile shape, but that was where the similarities stopped dead. The dragon didn't look particularly solid. It seemed to be comprised of yellowish white arcs of electricity, that had been crudely forced into the shape of a dragon, and then given a conscious.

The 'dragon' was hovering just above a few buildings. Several Cyber-Guards and

Soldiers flew toward it, weapons at the ready.

Just as they came close to the dragon, it let out a roar, that sounded like a sort of mix between radio static and a man in extreme pain.

When it roared, the Cyber-Soldiers closest to the dragon fell. Their hover boards failed and they dropped towards the ground like weights. Some were caught before they hit the ground, while others weren't so lucky.

The other Cyber-Soldiers and Cyber-Guards that were able to fly on flew quickly towards the dragon. However, they went right into the body of the dragon. They all screamed before the dragon moved forward and they all went limp before they fell.

"What is that?" Chris asked.

"I don't know." Raynage answered.

"You mean, you've never seen any dragon like that beyond the city?" Chris asked.
Raynage spun around to him. "No! I obviously haven't! Because if I or anyone else had, they would have known better than to literally fly into their deaths!"

Then Raynage activated his comm link as he flew in the opposite direction.

"Warning to all Soldiers and Guards! No one! I repeat no one is to engage the Class 5 dragon!" Raynage commanded.

"Class 5? I thought that there were only 4 classes of dragon." Chris spoke.

"Yeah, well, it's a term used mostly by us Cyber-Soldiers." Raynage explained. "We use it to describe the dragons we don't understand. And I mean the ones unlike any other dragon that we've ever seen."

"And I suppose that this dragon applies." Chris replied.

"No kidding." Raynage said without a single hint of humour in his tone.

Chris looked ahead at the mysterious dragon that was flying through the air.

'Wait.' Chris thought. 'It's headed straight for the Secondary Dome.'

"Sir, the dragon is headed for the Secondary Dome." Chris told Raynage.

"So it is!" Raynage said.

"It shouldn't be able to pass through the Secondary Dome, right?" Chris wondered.

Raynage rolled his eyes. "Well. I don't know. You're the one of the Cyber-Guards in charge of maintaining the Secondary Dome. You tell me." He replied.

Chris didn't answer, he just stared ahead at the dragon.

'No. It shouldn't.' Chris thought.

Then the dragon continued on towards the Secondary Dome, several Cyber-Guards and Soldiers following it. When it reached one side of the dome, the dragon stopped and just stared at it for a few moments. Then it let out it's unnatural roar, hit the dome, and passed right through it.