Epilogue

[4th of September- Los Angeles]

Nearly seven months later and it was the debut of their first album, independently recorded and produced, a testament to their hard work and soon they would see the fruits (if any) of their labour. 5 Seconds of Summer released their first album, Inveigle Pulse, on September 4th, and it was surreal.

They'd spent five months working on their sound and slowly piecing together what it was they wanted to do and what they wanted to achieve, and then once the album was finished, they spent almost two months fiddling with it and trying to come up with a name for the band and the album. In the end, Ashton had come up with the name, 5 Seconds of Summer, with Michael's suggestion 'No Rest for the Twinks' being a close second. Luke and Calum had slaved over the album name, and finally, with a little help from Sierra they'd decided on Inveigle Pulse, the name wasn't really for anyone else beyond the five of them, and if things went well, they'd have many, many more album titles to come up with yet.

Release day had felt like both as though it was happening far too quickly and also in slow motion. There were the interviews they'd done on various radio stations and podcasts throughout the day. Flipping coins to see who would do which interviews, only one they did all together and it was for a podcast one of Michael's friends ran. Then there was the celebratory party that Calum had been far too wired to really enjoy, but he'd mingled and smiled, complimenting outfits and accepting congratulations left and right. He was incredibly grateful the party was at Luke's because it meant at random intervals, he was able to escape to his room for a moment's peace. It also meant he was able to use the toilet in his en-suite instead of the main bathroom which everyone had managed to mangle.

People came and went throughout the night, causing the party to grow and shrink at random intervals, and a stream of well-wishers to seemingly never-ending. Michael and Crystal had gone home an hour before, though they'd still stayed late after the party had finished. It hadn't been long after that and Sierra had gone to bed. Leaving Luke, Ashton and Calum sitting in the lounge room, Luke was drifting in and out of sleep on the loveseat. Calum was laying with his head and back against Ashton's chest, bum between Ashton's bent legs and was playing gently with his fingers as the older man hummed a somewhat familiar tune behind him.

"Missed you during the party," Ashton said quietly, putting his arms under Calum's armpits and tugging him closer.

"We were together the whole time," Calum chuckled.

Ashton hummed again, "I know, but we can't be together like this, couldn't even hold your hand if I wanted to," he sighed, watching as Calum continued to play with his fingers.

"Sap."

"You're so mean to me," Ashton whined.

Calum giggled, louder this time, and Luke stirred on the other couch, "Hmmm? Who's still here?" he asked, trying to adjust his blurry eyes.

"Just Ash," Calum said, rolling over, so he was lying on his side, and Ashton groaned as Calum's elbow jabbed him in the ribs. "Sorry love," he laughed, "Is it alright if Ash stays tonight?"

"I know Ashton sneaks in here every other night, why don't you just go to his?"

Calum grinned, "I know, I just like it here,"

"He's never going to move out Lu," Ashton said laughing.

"Why would I move out of mum and dad's house if I don't have to? Dad, can my boyfriend move in?" Calum asked giggling, as he did, he realised that maybe the evening's alcohol hadn't quite worked itself out of his system yet.

Luke rolled his eyes fondly and got up, climbing on top of them, "Ashton has a perfectly good house he can live in, I don't need you horn dogs under my roof all the time,"