~Chapter 14~

Ello everyone! Its been for-freeking-ever between uploads and i'm soooo sorry. Its all because i'm a lazy ass. But you can yell at me for that later, for now go read what i have wote! Its chapter 14 time!

~Chapter 14~

Kent’s POV

We run, the three of us, a wave of fur and teeth and claws. My muscles scream, and my lungs feel like they’re on the verge of collapsing but I still run, in fact I run even harder, pushing myself to go faster. The pain just reminds me that it’s nothing compared to the pain I’d feel if Blu was forever out of reach. That would be the worst pain of all. So I persist, determined to find him.

October and Parker are no different, matching my speed and intensity. They can smell the other three too, but are mostly relying on me seeing as I have the advantage of knowing Blu’s sent like the back of my paw. The two hang back a few feet, giving me space so I can change direction at a moment’s notice without knocking into them.

When they first came Parker had informed me that my dad would be sending in other wolves to block off the perimeter of our territory so they can’t slip away from us. It doesn’t matter though; I’ll catch up to her before she has the chance to even see the edges of our domain. I won’t give her the satisfaction to say she almost made it.

Now we’re weaving and dodging between trees, hoping over streams, and sprinting through fields dotted with ditches and rocks. It’s like even the elements we’re laughing at me, tantalizing me with the idea of my mate over the next hill only to see a million more mountains after it. It felt as if I was having an out of body experience, floating above like a ghost, looking down at this frantic, disheveled wolf. My body was moving on auto-pilot, fallowing the trail of his sent like it was a thing of mass and weight; like I could see the clouds of smell.

The smell is gradually getting stronger, meaning we’re getting closer. Closer to a boy that I love more than anything. No, not a boy, the boy. The boy that I’ll spend the rest of my life with and will never let out of my sight when I get him back.

The terrine finally seems to let up, becoming mercifully flat and open. My nose works and my muscles clench with anticipation. He’s close; I can feel it in my bones!

And suddenly he’s not just close. Suddenly he’s right there. He’s right in front of me, like some kind of perfect promise that we’ll be together again.

Heath, Pipers idiotic brother, has him slung over his shoulder so carelessly and I want nothing more than to break his arms to take him back. Piper’s running next to him carrying their bags. But I don’t really care about those two; all I can focus on is Blu.

 Blu, my Blu, is right there. I can’t see his face because it’s buried in Heath’s back (most likely to protect it from all the dirt their kicking up) but that’s ok because I know it’s him, it is.

So I charge.

My legs push off and I run faster than I thought possible. I’m  pretty sure my sister and Parker are fallowing behind, but I can’t be sure seeing as I haven’t taken my eyes off of Blu’s mop of black hair. Piper halts, her shoulders going ridged. She’s smelt us.