~Chapter 18~

Happy early Christmas or Hannukkah or uh...just happy day! hehe....anyway this is my gift to you, a new chapter of 'Your My Mate?'!!!! Hope you enjoy!

~Chapter 18~

Kent’s POV

The waiting room of the emergency ward is a swarm of hysterical parents and other fearful family members, all waiting to have confirmation that their loved one will be ok. Today this seems to be the hot spot, and being injured is some kind of new fad. I don’t like it, having to share my grief with all these strangers, having to try to hold all the pieces of myself together because I can’t break down in front of them. My father seems to understand my distress because he reaches over and squeezes my shoulder reassuringly.

We make our way around all the cramped bodies to the receptionist’s desk. She’s oddly calm in this sea of trauma. How could this be? How can she be fine when my world is falling down around me? She must have a lot of practice. The receptionist looks at Blu cradled in my shaking arms and then to my Father. My eyes are wide and brimming with tears, and she can pass over me like I’m not even here, how?  

“Are you the parent?” She questions him and I want to shake her. I want to yell at her and say it doesn’t matter who he is, just that my Blu gets the attention he needs. My father shakes his head at the woman.

“No, I’m the father of his boyfriend. Blu hear was climbing the rocks around our property when fell. He hit his head and hasn’t woken up since.” My dad informs her, and she nods, seeming to only be half listening to his words. Her deep brown eyes scan something on her computer screen before she lifts her eyes to us again. The dark skin at her forehead crinkles up and her pink lips pucker at the words ‘his boyfriend’. I want to growl at the disrespectful look.

“Do you have a way of contacting his parent or guardian?” She asks him and my father looks to me quizzically.

“Do you have Blu’s Mother or father’s phone number Kent?” He asks me and I shift Blu in my grasp trying to rack my brain for a correct answer. It’s just so hard to think right now.

“I don’t, but Blu’s phone was in my room. I’m sure it will be programed in.” I say my strained voice just above a cracking whisper. My words are saturated in my pain. The nurse really looks at me for the first time and what she sees-anguish, fear, and pure agony- makes her eyes widen slightly, and her fingers pause on the keys.

“I’ll tell Jasper to bring it with him.” My father assures me. We then both turn to the paused secretary with question in our eyes.

“Then the doctor will be down momentarily.” She says evenly, her eyes still impossibly wide and her face screwed up in that ugly look. Momentarily?! I want to scream. The doctor doesn’t need to be here ‘momentarily’, the damned doctor has to be here now! Instead of throwing a fit I let my dad guide me to one of the waiting room chairs that is empty. He pushes me down into the seat and stands in front of me, fixing me with a warm look that’s supposed to make me feel better. It doesn’t.  

Quickly he whips out his phone and punches in Jasper’s number before pushing it to his ear. He murmurs into the receiver for a moment before clicking it off.