~Chapter 20~

ITS CHAPTER 20 BITCHES!!!! *Cough, cough* Uhhhh......excuse my out burst please.....

No but seriously i cant believe ive stuck with it this long. Nornaly i write a chapter or two and then get board. Im so proud of myself! :D Hope you enjoy this one, its short, but eventful...sorta.... AW JUST GO READ ALREADY! 

Big thanks again to my new editor. And a big hug and kiss to all who commented voted and fanned (im not gonna call it "fallowing" -__-')  I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

~Chapter 20~

Kent’s POV

The nob squeaks when I turn the scalding water off. I stand there, my forehead resting on the black and white tile, as the remaining liquid roles off my body. My hands are clenched and pressed to my temples, into my hair that is matted to my head. My breathing is off somehow, like it takes extra effort to draw in the oxygen. God, being away from Blu right now is doing weird things to my head. I can’t stop picturing him lying limp under that tree in the field. I can’t stop seeing him going sailing through the air, shock clear in his features.

“Damn it,” I curse and punch the wall in frustration. Inhaling another ragged breath I pull aside the shower certain. Securing a towel to my hips I wipe away the condensation from the mirror and stare hard at my reflection.

“Get a hold of yourself.” I speak to my duplicate harshly, the scowl cutting ridges in my face. Sighing I step away from the mirror and walk to the door. When it swings open I catch myself wishing Blu was on the other side, blushing up at me like before. Wiping away the now painful memory like I did the fog on the mirror I make my way to my bedroom.

When I look into my room I’m surprised to see that it is no longer the mess it was when Blu was first kidnaped. Everything is in its place, even neater than it was before the whole ordeal. Some member of the pack must have sorted it out when I was gone. Shrugging I close the door and go to my closet and pull out a white dress shirt and black dress pants. Because the council is coming I have to look ‘presentable’, as my father says. Drying myself off, I get dressed and run my fingers through my hair.

It won’t take too long, a few hours tops, and then I can go running back to Blu. I can handle that, just a couple of hours. That thought make me feel slightly better, but I still can’t kick that nauseous feeling in my gut from being apart from my mate in his moment of need. Cracking my knuckles one at a time, I role my shoulders to try to ward off the sickness.

There’s a knock on my door that startles me and makes me flinch. Christ, I was never this frig’n jumpy, I think to myself as I go to answer the knock. October’s on the other side, in a knee length black dress with a sweet heart neckline. Her hair is newly straitened and teased the way she likes it and she has applied fresh make up, but she still looks haggard. Her eyes are rimmed red from crying, and the makeup can’t cover the bruise colored bags under her eyes. Even her lips are chapped, probably because she licks her lips when she’s nervous.