|9| I Wish You'd Just Stop: Part II

PART II:

If my recurrent yet passionate yawns are a subject of bother to all the other occupants of the car, honestly I could care more about copulating slugs.

“Where do you get creepy ideas like that?” Wall-e asks while readjusting his goggles. After explaining the details of our little staggering scenario to the baffled boy; the air inside the car was dead quiet for a while. All that newfound peace made me sleepy. But Wall-e may have more than one pressing questions in his head and he breaks the quiet after some thorough thinking through.

“It’s a gift” Z says dryly as he drives the car down another dark street, he then faces away from the wheel for a tiny moment to peer into the back seat.

 “Will you please stop that?” he asks looking at me and then turning back to face the windshield.

“What?” I ask pretending I don’t know what he’s talking about.

“The yawning, you’re killing my buzz.”

“Your shirt is killing my buzz.” I say, followed by another yawn.

“Technically I was dressed the quickest.” By my count, and yes I counted, this has to be the fifth time Bravo has highlighted what we all freakin know. And by my count this is the fifth time we all ignore her ‘technical’ avowal and proceed with what we’re doing. Wall-e presents another question, Z struggles to make sense and I yawn.

Looking out the window, the night is a mix of brisk steady air and boundless dark, it feels like we’re going through a tunnel. The air I exhale when I yawn, fogs up the glass only temporarily, once it fades the little luminescent patch is dark once again. The dead streets lay wide open; a ghastly white light befalling them courtesy of the scarcely placed and equally spooky street lamps. It’s a picture of dark desolation, so damn lifeless it’s surreal. It’s creeping me out. On the planet this has to be the only freakin city which sleeps. That reminds me I need to get these guys to fill me in on the localities and specifics of this country, it is my homeland after all. But when I’m just about to bring it up, I tune in on the car’s atmosphere; the buzz of way more interesting topics is alive and kicking. And I have a feeling common place geography will be given a rather cold shoulder if I drag it in. It’s best to leave that for later.

 Life is restricted to the interior of the car, where it’s warm and loud, basically because these guys won’t shut up. Outside it’s scary and quiet. Why is it easy to mute the noise and pay no mind to life? If light is the antonym of dark; the car we’re in is the antonym of the street we’re travelling.

Z tries once again to make his little brother hear him out; but really the situation was too bizarre to be explained, too crazy to be helped. It was the kind of stuff that only happens in the movies.

“So you’re telling me it was part of your plan to show up half naked and take Sigma’s clothes?” Wall-e asks the burning question in his head.

“Well, more or less.” Z replies.

“And you knew her shirt had this dumbass heart with ‘I love you written’ on it?”
“Dude one, dumbass heart is the lame-est thing I have ever heard in my life and two yes.”

“You mean you planned to wear a woman’s clothing?”

“For the final time, yes.” Z says exasperated.
“Dude, seriously?”

“Seriously.”

“That’s…”

“Hear me out man, it would’ve worked out just fine if Miss. Control freak didn’t make me park outside the house.”