Chapter 16- A new task, a new disaster.

Learn to separate yourself from me, as I will now from you. Goodbye Dakelo

     That line still echoed in his head no matter how much he tried to forget. He sat crouched in the corner of his small room, beside his bed. She basically told him to cut his friendship with her. No, that couldn’t have been her, it must have been that other her, he tried to reassure himself.  She wouldn’t act like that. But then again, maybe he was wrong. He had observed how much she had changed since everything had started. But there was something in those eyes when she spoke, and it made him feel afraid. He didn’t want to believe it was Isildilia that said those words, but she hadn’t come to see him, nor has she contacted him by any means since the event.   He growled and smashed his fist into the ground, but it only worsened his mood.

    “Dakelo,” Froyza called from outside the door, briefly distracting him.  At first Dakelo was hesitant, he wanted to pretend he wasn’t in, but there was no way to fool a wolf’s nose. He walked over and pushed the door open slightly.

   “What is it?” He grumbled through the gap.

   “We have another task from His Majesty.”

  “That’s the fifth one now.”

   “Yes, Hin is waiting for you, so let’s go.”

   “I don’t care, I'm not doing it.” Froyza stuck his head in the doorway before Dakelo could get the chance to shut it.

   “Dakelo! You have been stuck in here for the last few days. Hin will not take no for an answer this time, he’s already granted you the boon of having the last few missions off. So unless you want him to come down here and drag you by the scruff of your neck, I suggest you move your tail!” It was the first time Froyza has growled at him. “You think you’re the only one upset by all of this? Her Highness had been distraught that she has upset everyone. She even confided with me about it all...” Dakelo pushed the door fully open.

    “What did she say?”

    “I will not say. It was a private discussion.” Dakelo snarled at him but it didn’t loosen his jaw, and he knew Froyza was definitely not one to reveal a secret. “Now let’s meet up with the others.” Dakelo walked back in and looked at his sword, lying on his bed; if he will be changing form for battle then he wouldn’t be able to carry it, so he left it behind. He should ask if anyone could provide a solution to it, same with the similar problem he has with his clothes. It has been a major setback in all of his fights. Although the others were all wolves and probably not bothered upon seeing his naked body, he still had issues with it.

    “I must be losing my edge, if I'm allowing even you to talk to me like that,” he said, turning to face Froyza. “You’re right, let’s go.”

     Hin and the others actually met them halfway, while they were running the opposite way down the corridor.  He didn’t bother to explain anything as they all charged past them. He and Froyza turned on their paws and followed.

    “That was fast,” Froyza shouted. “You didn’t even wait for us to arrive.”

    “It was a simple order,” Norv told him. “There are rumours of a new rogue in the remains of the black forest. We have to kill it- if it is still there.”

   “Do we know what it is this time?” Dakelo asked.

   “We have no idea,” Hin replied for him. “But the creature in question is small compared to the others, and is alone. So we must all work together on finding this creature.”