chapter 41- It all makes sense now.

She yelled from the darkness as the shivering sensation of falling through empty space wracked her entire body for minutes, until her knees stuck the ground. A shock ran up her body from that sudden impact, but it was over in a second. Taking a moment to regain her composure, she stood up and looked around. There was a door in front of her in a black room. She had been here once before, although she was confused and angry at her appearance here now.

    "Lily what on this earth are you doing?" she demanded as she ran over to the door, but before she pulled on the handle she stopped and felt an itching feeling to look behind her. She turned around. There was a second door, a door that definitely wasn't there before. But unlike the previous door, this one was of rusted metal and covered in old chains and locks. She strangely felt drawn to that door, the want to peep behind it.  She cautiously stepped towards it and reached out, wondering what Lily had hiding behind that door.

    "You know I was in the middle of something!" she scolded, the tips of her ears going pink.

     Before she even touched it, the locks on it sprang open and all the chains fell to the floor. She came to a stop as the door started to open on itself. Inside was blinding white. Unsure what to do, she stepped through the doorway. She screwed up her eyes until she adjusted to the glare inside. When they did, most of the brightness faded and she found herself surrounded by green, giant plants as tall as she was, if not taller.

    "Lily this isn't funny, what is going on," But she realised she wasn't speaking out loud, she couldn't speak out loud. Or had she gone deaf? She dismissed it when she realised she could hear herself breathing, along with the faint breeze surrounding her. Before she had a moment to panic, she started to walk forward.

   This is disturbing; I don't understand what's going on. As she pushed her way past one or two giant leaves something thudded on the floor next to her. Whatever it was, it caught her attention and she looked down at it. It was a lily flower, but it was much bigger than she ever remembered. The plants were taller than her head. How could that be?  Her glance flickered down further and she saw a white-clawed paw reaching out to bat the flower curiously. She would have leapt up if she could move via her own free will. Then, her attention lacking on the flower, she started to plod forwards.

    I know what this is, she realised. This must be a memory and judging by size, a very early memory. Why is this happening now?

Something rustled to her left making her leapt back. She crouched to the floor, tail shaking in preparation to fend off her attacker. She hated the sensation; she could feel every sense even without any control. It was like being a puppet, or being trapped in a strange shaped box.

     A green snout pushed its way through, followed by the rest of the scaly face. The young, green dragon was just growing its first spikes, behind its ears and at the crest behind its jaw. That was a sign that it was older than she was, as it also stood taller in height. She instantly knew who it was. Valin looked at her with complete confusion. His forked tongue darted out, tasting the air, to work out who she was. Before she knew it, she had leapt across and tackled him to the floor. She didn't want to, but she had no control over anything. She reached up and bit him on the ears; not hard enough to tear. He chirped and wriggled out of her grasp. He snaked his head over and bit her tail tip. She yelped slightly at the needle like pain that shot up from the bite.

    "Valin!" A loud voice boomed out. It was female, but she didn't recognise it. Valin released her, retreated back and sat down obediently.  Isildilia looked up. There was another dragon here, an adult one. No, she was wrong, there were two. Dillith was here too. She guessed this other adult could have been Valin's mother, for she was a similar shade of green. Valin never talked about his parents apart from that once brief mention. The ground shook with every step that she took towards them. When she was close enough, the other female lowered her gigantic head to get a closer look at the two of them. She snorted out a trail of smoke which drifted down over them. She squeaked and ran over to Dillith, hiding behind her left forepaw.  She was so dangerously small compared to her mother that she feared if she took one wrong step she could be trampled on. She was barely the size of one of her claws.