Chapter 11- It's my duty.

“Dakelo!’ Silvermoon cried. She grabbed another of her throwing knives and hurled it at the vasimol that had Dakelo pinned down, in an attempt to make him release its lock on him. However, he jumped backwards, with his claws still dug into Dakelo’s side, lifting him off the ground with it.  He howled as it tore at the muscles causing a spurt of hot blood to soak his fur. If it was his human form then it would have pierced his organs, but for now it just remained hooked into his muscles. He stared at the other two vasimols that were approaching at an alarming rate.

    One of them dove straight down at Silvermoon, but didn’t crash into her. It flipped upright and threw out its huge batwings, as it landed directly in front of her, towering over her small framed body. Its beak clicked rapidly as it spoke.

    “Are you alright, brother? We heard you screech,” it said

    “This one is causing a lot of bother,” he replied, tightening his agonising grip on Dakelo. The vasimol returned his attention to Silvermoon

 “This one hasn’t much meat on it; still it’s better than all that fur. Save some from that big one.”

  “This one won't be eaten,” the one holding him spoke. “After a good pecking he’ll be weak enough, he’ll make a nice present for the Master. This one can change his shape freely, like us. And he’s proven to be a capable warrior.” Dakelo thrashed out under him.

     “Let go of me, you disgusting creatures,” he demanded.  The third hopped over to Silvermoon as well.

      “I want first call on this one, females always taste nicer. Especially their liver.” Silvermoon backed up against the rocks, but she was helpless against them.

    “Silvermoon!” Dakelo cried.  Suddenly the three vasimols stopped in their tracks. They were unnaturally still before they suddenly hopped back to a safe distance, appearing to be on high alert against something. Dakelo yelled as the vasimol’s claws slipped out of his body. He rolled away, clutching at his side which dripped in blood.. What could have possibly caught their attention? he thought.

       “What is that? Something big is coming?” one spoke. Dakelo sniffed around, he couldn’t smell anything. But then he heard something that reminded him of the distant roll of thunder. But he realised it was in rhythm, every few seconds he could hear the thumping. The air rang with a petrifying roar. They all looked up.

   It was King Fivikthq. Even in the dark his golden scales were shining, like looking at a block of gold at the bottom of a dark pool. Everyone looked equally surprised to find him here, out of all creatures. He had his wings tucked tight against his body as he shot towards them like an arrow.

    “Let’s finish this now!” the third vasimol spoke. The two remaining boars squealed, and suddenly charged again, towards Silvermoon. The vasimols that had Dakelo pinned before, returned his attention to him once more.  Dakelo stood at his full height ready to fend him off; if he remains in half-form he might stand a better chance. Fivikthq, flared out his wings just before he struck the ground with a tremendous crash right near them, causing tremors in the ground to rattle Dakelo’s feet.

 Something leapt of Fivikthq, and dove towards the two of them, smashing directly into the vasimol within range. They both tumbled across the ground in a tangled mess of body.

Fivikthq jumped up and landed on the giant boar, sinking his fangs into its flank. It screamed and kicked out, but it could do nothing against Fivikthq’s might.

      There was a crunch as he shook his head and snapped its spine and tossed it to one side. The vasimol that was wrestling with the stranger kicked off, soaring back into the night. The figure stood back up and started to search the skies. He didn’t know who it was, for they wore fitted black armour, with the visor firmly down.  He then looked down and saw the protruding, armoured tail. Although it was also encased in black metal, he recognised the shape. The wind suddenly changed direction; he tensed when the scent hit him. He couldn’t believe it.