Chapter 34- A day off

Isildilia marched into her room and slammed the door hard behind her.

    She had never felt so humiliated in her life. It had been two weeks now and still they haven’t gotten anywhere. Worst of all, the humans sort out to humiliate her in any way possible, especially Yolothiz and Juhnik. She ran across her room and picked up a purple vase sat near the bed and was about to throw it in a fit of rage, when she suddenly found herself unable to move.

     Stop, White Lily had jumped in control.

     Why should I? she snarled.

    I know you are angry, but just calm yourself down.

      Well I have good reason to be angry. Why did we think we could negotiate with these stupid creatures? She asked as she tried to wrestle control back. I know I was raised as a human, longer than I have been on the beast side by far, but being home has given me enough time to realise how bad they are.

    Not all of them. Isildilia stopped struggling. White Lily made her mood vanish, like a waterfall dousing down a hot fire.

      No, I guess you are right. Once she was sure that Isildilia wouldn’t throw the vase, she gave her back control. She set it back down on its stand and went to sit in the chair by the window. She looked at the table where the seeds and soil sat, next to that was her violin. She had tried for the last few days to grow the seeds in the soil of the “dead lands” but so far she had no success. It didn’t help her foul mood at all. She picked up her violin, but then immediately set it down again.

     She got out of her seat and sat against the window, looking down on the city. Slowly the night lamps were being lit in all but the fourth circle, which remained ominous and dark on the outskirts.  From her view, they looked like flickering fireflies, just like when she used to stay in the Black woods, and the skies would light up in hundreds of fireflies.  The thought depressed her further. She brought her knees up and decided to sleep with her head resting against them.

    When she opened her eyes she was staring up through the green and whites blanket of her field. It was the only chance she got to see many flowers, so she was happy to be there this time. She could feel footsteps and the rustling of the flowers as White Lily face loomed in over her. Her hair tumbled over her shoulders as she bent over at the waist to look closer.

    Nice to see you visit, she said, although Isildilia could detect the sarcasm.

   “Nice to see you too, Lily,” she replied, with the same tone.  White Lily held her hand down to help her up, but she didn’t take it.  She didn’t feel like getting up just yet.

     You seemed depressed, White Lily noted.

    “Yes, I have been recently,” she admitted. “I just want to go home.” White Lily glowered.

    We have no time for that kind of behaviour, what are you? A child? Isildilia smirked.

    “Depends from whose view you look at it.” White Lily shut her mouth, beaten back by her words. “I just have a really bad feeling, not just about here, but home too. Something bad has happened and I have to know what.”

      If you ask, they will probably lie to you to stop you from worrying about them. There’s probably nothing wrong, you are just overthinking things.

     “Yes, that seems like something they would do.” She shut her eyes and stretched her arms out on either side.

    What are you doing? White Lily asked. Isildilia didn’t reply. She could feel White Lily walk around, and then she too lay down, mirroring her image, putting her head against hers. What are you thinking off? she asked after a few minutes. Isildilia sighed.