Chapter 15 (part two) begining with wind.

Part two, as promised for you lovely readers

By late evening, there was a knock on the door.

    That must be him. By this time, she was sitting high up in one of the many trees, lounging in the fork of a thick branch. While waiting, she was busy singing to smaller twigs, making them entwine with each other to form braids, and then unravelling them again.

   “Come in,” she said out loud. She didn’t look yet to see who it was as she heard footsteps swish through the grass towards her.

    “I was told you needed a wind teacher.” She almost groaned when she heard that voice.  She looked below her to see Biloth staring up. He wasn’t wearing his usual robes of red; he was dressed in a similar fashion to her, with a white shirt and linen trousers.

    “I did,” she replied, leaping down to join him. He had his blond hair tied up tightly behind his head. It gave him a more human appearance, compared to when she first met him. He didn’t waste any time before jumping straight in.

     “You must know, to fully experience wind magic, and using it in combat, we can only do this at night. After all we both have a special condition,” She nodded. “So I will tell you the guidelines and possibly show a few examples, but apart from that there is little we could do at the moment.” Isildilia thought for a second to call for Dakelo, to stay on guard, but then she decided against it.

      I’ll just have to trust him; after all, I have the others just outside the door in case I need them.

     “I trust you to teach me well in the short time we have,”

     “Yes it’s not easy to learn this; it can take years of practice. But I heard from Lord Yui that you are fast at learning. At least we can get some of the basics in.” He looked around the forest for inspiration, tapping his foot.  He did that for so long that Isildilia was about to ask what he was doing.  “Right!” he suddenly shouted, making her jump up. “Let’s start.” His personality was completely different than when she first knew him; the sly, eerie character was replaced by someone bright and cheerful.   He sat cross- legged on the ground and she followed suit, still without receiving any explanation. They sat like that, in silence, for nearly ten minutes before he continued.

     “Wind magic is very tricky indeed. Although it’s slightly easy considering that’s half of our natural nature, although a quarter for you. Lord Yui probably told you that water requires grace. Well if that is so then wind is the real dance.  It is a whisper as well as a shout. Without the wind there will be no weather.  We rely on it for flight and to fuel our fires.”

     “I understand,” she simply replied. He lowered his gaze.

     “You don’t seem too enthusiastic,” he noted.

     “Oh no, my voice is full of joy,” she said sarcastically.  He rolled his eyes, but continued his explanation.

    “Wind and water magic have some similarities; after all they are both not alive like earth can be. But unlike water you still ask the wind to do you the favour, similar to earth. Unless you need a sudden strong storm then you demand it.” She nodded. “For example, there is no wind in here. But I can make it so.” He twisted his wrist around and whistled softly. A few seconds later and a strong breeze swept through the room rustling through all the tree tops. Then it went still again.