Chapter 22

Emillia bursted through the woods to see Mary standing over Theresa with her back turned toward her while Kathen stood over Mary with his staff in hand.

Nathaniel and Haline were at her side immediatly while her mother had vanished saying that the battle was now up to them to finish.

Her powers were now stronger than before and she could feel the pain fading away from around her eye that held her crescent moon birthmark.

Panting, she was about to shout to Kathen when, all of a sudden, he was hurled back to where the three of them stood with his staff about to crash headfirst into the grass while about to be destroyed in the process.

She held out her hand and willed the staff to come to her.

It floated from the ground for a minute, then straightened itself up, and went to her outstreched hand immediatly.

Almost there, Emillia saw a fireball made up of her stolen light blue powers heading towards them.

Haline, grab the staff! Emillia ordered as she let the will go to stop the fireball.

Haline made a quick grab for it before it could fall to the ground and straightened herself up as Emillia willed the trees to cover around them for protection.

One by one, the trees began to weave themselves around the three of them until it formed complete tree statues covering them all from head to toe.

She held up defense sheilds with her power to block the fire to prevent them from choking to death from the smoke.

Then all of a sudden, it was over and the branches were burned to the ground with Mary laying on the floor and Theresa no where to be found.

Panicking, Emillia looked around for Theresa and lost all hope of seeing her around until she heard Theresa cry out from underneath the cliff "Help!! Please someone help me!!"

Running to the edge of the cliff with her cousin and, possibly, the love of her life protesting behind her, she willed a rope to appear in her hands to help save Theresa from falling to her death.

Finally, she got over to the edge and looked down to see Theresa hanging onto the ends of the rock, that served as the edge of the cliff, for dear life.

"Theresa, don't worry. I have a rope right here to get you out of there," Emillia shouted to Theresa as she untangled the rope to hand one end of it to Theresa and use the other end to help pull her to saftey away from the edge of the cliff.

Getting it undone, Emillia handed one end to Haline and tossed the other end to Theresa in order for her to grab on.

She grabs onto the rope with Haline and Nathaniel and feels the rope gain weight to signify that Theresa had grabbed onto it.

Quickly, they pulled and started moving backwards to allow Theresa some space to climb on.

Finally, Thersa was on top of the rock and came over to them for saftey.

She hugged Emillia, who dropped the rope and hugged her back, with tears in her eyes to signify that, that was the scariest thing she had ever done in her entire life.

Hearing a cough behind them, both girls broke apart and all of them turned around to see Mary standing there at the bottom of the cliff with a grim smile on her face.

Chuckiling, Mary fake clapped her hands and began moving forwards to them while still holding that smirk on her face that made Emillia nervous for a fact that this was not part of the plan.

"Well, welll, well," said Mary, "it appears that I have underestimated you Emillia. But you must never underestimate an adult cause we know better than anyone else and are smarter and wiser than you children."

"If you are so smart, then you should've known that I wasn't really at your house looking for a job Mary," snarled Haline, drawing out the name for effect to show that she didn't fear her in the first place.

Mary just glared and flicked her hand at Haline.

Haline flew backwards and did a backflip once before sliding backwards towards the end of the cliff and stopping a few inches from the edge.

Emillia looked over at Mary panicking on what to do to stop her.

She was breathing in and out fast until Theresa said "Emillia, use the spell now."

"But I don't remember it," cried out Emillia as tears began to blur her vision.

"Listen Emillia! You remember it!! You just have to believe you can do it or else people will die and a war will break out soon enough to wipe us all out completely," Nathaniel snapped.

"ENOUGH!!!" shouted Mary and suddenly Theresa and Nathaniel, with Emillia crying out "NO!!", were both flown backwards until Nathaniel slid next to where Haline layed fully unconcious.

Theresa slid further than before and fell over the edge again but hearing her screams go fainter and fainter meant that she was falling to her death and was no longer going to be with them.

Looking backwards and forwards, and drying her eyes, Emillia's breaths became less panicky and more determined.

The air rushed forwards through her making her dress flap against her body like a banner, her hair flew out of its braided crown and flapped backwards as if she was running towards something and never giving up, and her veil flew out of her hair and disappeared into the night sky.

Taking a deep breath in Emillia closed her eyes and used the words that were recited, and given to her, by her mother and said:

Oh great ancestors of those before me above,

I call you now for love.

Enemies approach out land,

To invest ourself in their forsaken scan.

May you now show your powers to give me strength with no haste,

With them I vanquish my stepmother into an empty space.

Food and material, will provide,

But her powers will abide.

Never again, will they ever return to her now,

For the evil in her is now a greatly vow.

Vengence seeks in her name,

But we only seek peace for our kingdom same.

I ask you to place Mary in a contained place,

Where she will be banished for all of our people's sakes.

Give your anger out to there and show this woman your voice,

For we all ask for your choice.

Saying the last words, Emillia opened her eyes to see her powers, glowing a brighter light blue, forming around Mary slowly circling around her form taking back all of Emillia's powers and vanishing her to a place where she will be banished for all eternity with no powers ever left over.

Soon, her powers circled around Mary faster as the last of her stepmother's powers were gone and the banishing begining right now.

Emillia felt herself be drained, but then felt herself get stronger and felt her new birthmarks, around her crescent moon, begin to glow along with the crescent moon and the star as well.

Raising her right hand and letting all of her powers loose, she saw her powers circle faster and faster around Mary and grow brighter and brighter by each second.

Breathing, Emillia saw her powers come back to her through her birthmarks as her powers began to glow very brightly, making Mary vanish with the glow.

Closing her eyes, she heard Mary shout "NO!!!" as the glow consumed her and vanished completely with the glow and the powers gone.

Or so she thought...