Chapter 20

Haline groaned as she finally came to and saw Theresa fending off Mary as she threw up defensives spells against her mother.

She could see that Mary had gained some of Emillia's powers as she was now stronger than before.

Quickly Haline looked around to find Emillia and saw her sitting on a rock with a man who wore a glowing crown and a glowing golden cape.

With shock, Haline recognized the man to be Prince Nathaniel of Townheights.

Breathing in and out quickly, she quickly got up and looked around for Lillian or Tyto and Clancy but saw no sign of them at all.

Panicking, she didn't know what to do until she heard a voice inside of her head say Haline, you have to calm down and help us out.

Instantly she recognized Tyto's voice inside of her head and sent a thought back asking Where are you, Clancy, and Lillian?

Lillian found us after Prince Nathaniel helped heal her ankle and..

Wait, Nathaniel helped heal Lillian's ankle? Haline asked with her mind.

Yah, replied Tyto with a hint of confusion voiced into his thought.

Nathaniel can't heal anyone cause he is a full-blooded human, like all the Royal Princes in his place before his time and ours, explained Haline, How is it possible that he could heal....Ooohhhh....

Oh what? Oh What?! asked Tyto getting annoyed with each second.

Nathaniel's father married a half fairy, part witch, and part human person, so that's why he healed Lillian's ankle because he is one-fourth fairy, one-fourth witch, and half human, Haline explained yet again as she felt more knowledge come to her by the minute.

Well that makes since but that's not the case because we are going to drive Mary over to where the cliff is and try to make her surrender until she gives up and gives Emillia back her powers, said Tyto as he explained the plan.

The only thing Haline had to do, was help make Emillia stronger and help get her back on her feet.

It would be difficult becuase, from what Haline could feel, Emillia has lost her sense to fight against her stepmother after losing almost all of her powers.

She was already confused and thought that since her powers were gone she can't fight against her stepmother.

Haline has to convince her that life isn't about using powers to fight your own battles, but they only help you in dangerous situations that involve your own death.

She learned that when she tried to get rid of her ex-boyfriend, who was a total jerk and was only using her for her powers, to send him far away from this kingdom.

But it didn't work, so she just kicked him out of her life, literally, saying that he was a total jerk and he will learn his lesson one day cause he won't be spoiled forever.

Chuckling to herself, Haline quickly and quietly walked over to where Emillia sat with Nathaniel on one knee next to her.

Waiting behind a tree to see if he would leave, she groaned inwardly to herself to see that Nathaniel would never leave Emillia's side because he was in love with her.

Just as Emillia was in love with him....

~~~

Emillia breathed in and out, feeling like she was hyperventalating and losing her mind all at once.

Trying to stand up, she only fell backwards onto the floor, only to be caught by a pair of arms that helped her back onto the rock and held an arm around her shoulder.