Chapter 15

"All right Tyto, now remember the first thing on trying to control your powers is to think of the happy things you have placed in your mind. Then you let your powers flow freely into your hands, but little by little leak them free at a time. K?" instructs Emillia as she stamped out the small white fire.

Tyro nodded his head, closed his eyes, and opened his hand in concentrating on bringing a small flame, of the color of his power, to his opened hand.

It took about a few minutes before a small flame of white heat popped into his hand.

"Very good," said Emillia.

"Does it hurt?," asked Clancy as she looked up from playing with her teddy bear.

When they had been leaving, Clancy had wanted to join them to get away from her mother's weird ways.

They allowed it, but she had to be in the tree house so that way she will not get injured.

So as to keep herself occupied, she had brought a teddy bear along to play with while she sat in that tree house.

But for now, she put the teddy bear down to watch her brother sprout a small white flame from his hand.

"No Clancy, it shouldn't hurt him at all. Its just a exercise to see if he can control his powers," replied Emillia.

Both girls were stunned to see the small white flame in the palm of Tyto's hand.

Even Tyto himself was stunned beyond belief that he had just did it, even after 20 tries.

The burn marks that were splattered around Emillia were proof of that and the most recent one had a little smoke coming from it.

With a sigh of frustration, Emillia stamped that burn mark out again only to have it burst into flames.

Clancy screamed, making Tyto loose his concentration and the flame died in his hand.

Emillia closed her eyes and muttered "Flames of fire from the ground, I call you down."

With those words uttered, her light blue power sprung out from her and wrapped around the flames, making it disappear.

Breathing out, Emillia opened her eyes and saw not just the flame gone, but all of the burn marks that Tyto had made.

Huh, I might be more powerful than I thought, she thought to herself amazed.

"Wow," breathed both Tyto and Clancy.

Emillia giggled a little and instructed Tyto to try again saying "Okay try it again and feel the power flowing into your hand."

He nodded his head and tried again, but with more concentration.

This time when the small flame appeared in his hand, it grew a little but the shrunk back to the original size it was before and vanished.

This indicated that Tyto had some control over his powers.

Emillia smiled at her adopted son and said "Very good Tyto. I'm so proud of you and I bet that your older sister's would be to if they were here."

"Actually we are here Emillia," said Lillian's voice from behind her.

She looked behind her to see both Theresa with Lillian, that had changed her hair color from light blue to a dark brown that was almost black, standing there with a proud smile on both of their faces.

"How long have you been there?" asked Emillia.

"Long enough to see that you are very powerful indeed and the rumors about you, being very powerful to discover your powers at the age of two, are true," explained Theresa.

"And that Tyto has some control over his own powers, even though he had it for a while now," said Lillian as she finished explaining for Theresa.

Tyto puffed out his chest at the praise he recieved from both his adoptive mother and both of his half sisters.

"By the way Emillia, mom wants you right now caus she wants a report on how the dresses are doing," said Theresa.

Emillia sucked in a breath cause she forgot to do the dresses today and slapped herself in the forehead on feeling so stupid as to not remember.

"Don't worry about that cause I placed a strong mirage spell on the second one to show her that the second dress was almost done and the only thing to complete that is if you can teleport yourself there and just say that things are going well on progress," explained Lillian with a reassuring smile.

Emillia smiled back and imagined herself there and found herself in the room and saw the mirage but was able to see through it that it was almost halfway done.

Looking around and near the door, she was relieved to see that no one was there to see it.

Taking extra precautions, she casted her powers to see if anyone was outside the door but there was still no one there and no one else was hiding in the room to see.

Feeling relieved, she gathered her powers back into her and quickly worked on the dress using both her powers and her perfect stiching to make Lillian's mirage real.

~~~

One hour later...

Finally making the dress almost there and only having to finish the sleeves, and the hem, of the dress, Emillia placed her powers back into herself and felt the mirage, of Lillian's power disappear.

She smiled halfway and rolled her eyes of the funniest thing Lillian had done by making it look like that until she had finished it.

Hearing the door open, Emillia braced herself for yelling but heard a soft voice say "You shouldn't overwork yourself Emillia. I'll take it from here."

She turned and saw Haline there with a soft smile on her face.

"But what if-"

"Don't worry cause Theresa placed the mirage spell on me to look like you in case if you overworked yourself. Now go and lie down," explained Haline softly.

Smiling, Emillia knew that Haline was right cause her eyes felt red and she felt tired all over.

So quickly she left with Haline in charge of fixing the drss and went to the attic room, that was her playroom when she was a little child from before, to sleep on the soft bed, that her dad had set in there whenever she overstayed playing in there.

Mary never bothered touching that place cause she thought it was just too dusty and told Emillia not to clean it up but let one of the other servants do it.

Making her way up there, Emillia shut the door softly behind her, went straight to bed, closed her eyes, and dreamed the most wonderful dream ever of her father, mother, and herself standing there and laughing happily as they walked in the park that was the most peaceful place in the kingdom.

While Emillia dreamed, Mary had been so sleepy lately that she had been not able to see if Emillia was done with the second dress.

The payment bills were killing her and just giving her a headache that was so painful that she just wanted to go to bed.

So taking a break from the bills, Mary went to her bedroom to take a nap and a break to stop the aching from inside of her head.

Covering herself up, she made sure that she was warm underneath them and thought That stupid servant knows how to keep my sheets clean and warm.

With that said in her head, Mary closed her eyes and fell asleep dreaming of herself being queen of the whole world and having fun as she tortured Emillia, by making her bend over with a cement block on her back with dirt all over her face and along with the rest of her body that was covered with bruises and cuts.

This is the best dream ever!!!, Mary thought happily to herself.

She smiled evilly, with her eyes still closed, and wondered off back to her dream of everything she had imagined herself doing in twenty years.