Chapter 8

Princeton

"I know just where we could go," Taylor smiled, as we walked down the street. "Where?" "It's a surprise," She says, biting her bottom lip excitedly. "Aww, why?" I ask, slumping my shoulders. "Because... I said so," She laughs, not really having a valid reason. I smile. "Are you scared of heights?" I shake my head 'no'. "Rollercoasters?" "Uhh... Huh?" I ask.  She laughs and skips ahead of me. "Oh nothing." She laughs. I catch up with her. "Taylor, I-... I've never really been on a rollercoaster..." I say quietly. She turns around and looks at me. "Really?" She gives me a suprised smile. I nod and look down. "It's okay if your too scared to Prince. I won't be mad," She says, tilting her head so she can see my face under my curls. "I'm not scared..." I lie. She smiles, "Your not? Cause I really really wana go to this amusement park that just opened. It'll be sooo fun. But if you don't wana go... It's okay," She says happily, but I couldn't help noticing the disappointment in her voice at the end. I look up at her cheerful eyes. Even though I had a deadly fear of rollercoasters, I couldn't say I didn't wana go. I'd let her down... And I just couldn't do that. I give her the best smile I could manage and nod. "Of course I wana go," I say before we continue walking.

During the walk there, it seemed like we talked for hours. We laughed and joked with each other until we heard the screams and theme music from the famous amusement park, Six Flags. She screamed in a fit of giggles and ran towards the line. "I've always wanted to come here, since I was a little girl," She says standing on her tippy toes as she tried to see how long the line was. I laughed at how childish and happy she was outside of school. Inside of Division everything and everyone was boring, quiet, and angry. She grabbed onto my hand as we reached the booth, making me feel my normal warm, nervous, tingly self again. "Hey, welcome to Six Flags. Bracelets for two?" A perky teenage girl asks us. Taylor nods excitedly and happily took our bracelets as we walked in. Woah... This place is... Huge.

"Okay, so what ride do you wana go on first?" She asks as she handed me my bracelet. I put it on and continued to soak in the scenery. I looked around, at all the people, rides, and food stands. When my eyes finally fell back on Taylor, she was fiddling with her bracelet. I laugh. "Uh, need help?" I ask. She looks up. "No, I can do it," She says as she goes back to trying to figure out how to put it on. She played with it for about fifteen seconds before she sighed and laughed. "Can you help me?" She asks, looking back up. "Sure," I chuckle. She playfully rolls her eyes as I put her bracelet on. "Well, Well, Well, what are you two doing? Hmm?" I hear a girl asks behind us. We turn around to see Demi and some guy, he looked really familiar. Maybe he's from Division. "Hey Demi, what are you doing here?" Taylor asks hugging her. "On a date with Chris here," Demi responds poking his chest. He sighs. "It's Jason." She rolls her eyes. "Whatever, anyways... I suppose that's what you two are doing as well?" She says smiling widely. My insides became warm at the thought of being on a "date" with Taylor. Taylor looks at me then back at Demi. "No, just hanging out," She says, putting her hands in her pockets. "Cool, see you two around?" Demi asks. "I'm leaving, I hate this," Jason/Chris mumbles, before walking away. "Chris no! Don't leave!" Demi says chasing after him. "It's JASON! For the hundredth time!" He yells. Demi rolls her eyes before turning to us and giving us an annoyed look. "Gotta go," She waves. 

Taylor

I laugh to myself. Demi. "So," I say turning to Prince. "Ready to get on some rides?" I smile excitedly. Prince looks at me nervously, but before he could answer I start to hear a buzzing in my ear. It was my ear piece. Every recruit has and ear piece. Just in case. But they're only for... Critical emergencies... "Uhh... Hello?" I answer, taking Prince's hand and pulling him out of the amusement park.

"Taylor, get to Division. Now. It's very important."

Prince gives me a weird look.

"What?" I ask, as Amanda begins speaking again.

"Now and quickly."

I look at Princeton as Amanda hangs up.

"What's wrong?" He asks, clearly confused. I sigh and give him an apologetic look. "Prince, I'm sorry. I... I have to get back to Division. I don't know why, but I guess they need me for something. I'm really really sorry, we'll hang out some other time, I promise," I say huging him before turning around and running towards Division. Before I turn the corner I turn around and look at him. "Sorry," I say, loud enough so he can hear. He looks up from the ground and gives me a smile, "It's okay."

I nod before turning back around and running towards Division. I hate Amanda for this.

*                                                                              *                                                                                    *

I run up the stairs and through the front doors of Division. As soon as I step in, the loud speaker and the lights, turn on and I slow down. "Taylor, come to Division Head Quarters," Amanda speaks. I roll my eyes and walk down the hall. Division looks so... creepy; while being empty like this. I turn the corner, walk up to H.Q and the doors slide open.

"Amanda, what do you want?" I ask. But Amanda wasn't here. "Hello, Taylor," Percy says, clasping his hands together. I look at him weirdly. "I have a mission for you, but before you argue. I want to tell you what it's about," He nods at me before turning around as a huge television screen lights up. I fold my arms. Here we go again. "This is, Elenor Jarrel. He's a threat to Divison. And has been since he was a recruit here-" "He was a... recruit?" I ask analyzing the photo as it popped up on the screen. He didn't look like a recruit at all. He was boney, wimpy, and small. They make us do advanced cardio twenty times a week, how could he be that feeble, and... frail. "Yes, Taylor. He may look harmless, but believe me when I say he's not. His guards aren't either... While he was here he managed to get his hands on a black box," Percy says turning around, facing me. "A black box contains many different pieces of covert government information. Including Division. Which makes it potentially very destructive. He has threatened to expose the information embedded in the box, that will cause worldwide disaster. And we need our best recruit to go in and get it. You, Taylor." Percy explains. I stare at the screen. "Is that what the box looks like?" I ask. He nods as I analyze, what looks like a piece from a star wars game kit. "His guards, I can't take all of them by myself," I say looking at him. "That won't be a problem. We will give you everything you need to go through with this mission. Satellite Intel, Tactical support, Guns, Ammo, Bombs, an unlimited amount of recruits. Anything you need," He smirks. I look back at the screen. "And what if I say no," I mention. "I was really hoping you wouldn't say that," He says in a deep, wary voice. I give him a confused look, but soon I realize what he was talking about when the screen abruptly changes to a live channeling from a familiar mahogany room. "Hello Taylor... guess who I have here," Amanda grins from the screen as I start to hear Princeton's muffled screams in the background. "Let him go," I tell Percy as the screen goes black. "Ah ah ah, Taylor. We need you for this mission. And we knew you'd say no, how else will we get you to do it?" He asks arrogantly. "LET HIM THE FUCK GO!" I scream in his face as I pick up a sharp pencil from his desk and pinch it against his neck. He just stands there calmly. "You wouldn't do that now would you?" He asks giving me a warning look. "Watch me." I spit. But I quickly back up as the screen lights up again and two guards begin to strap Prince to a chair... My eyes widen as I realize what type of chair. "If you don't comply to what we ask. He dies. By electrocution," Percy says as Amanda taps the remote with a big black button against her thigh. "And he won't be as lucky as you."

I gulp and put the pencil down. "I'll do it."