Chapter 24

A/N:

Hey guys, It's iiiheartprinceton :)

I'm soooooo freaking sorry it's literally been over a half of YEAR since I've updated Taylor but the good news is, you'll be getting tons of more chapters from now on :) Also, one of my BESTFREINDS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE a.k.a Dayana (@dayiitewshort ) will be helping me out with it. Like writing, giving ideas and so on :) So I don't blank out on you guys again :/ Also you guys should go check out our MB imagine account @dayiiniya and her account which is above :D  She's a great writer. So... TAYLOR'S BACK and ready to fuck shit up you nah mean? Lol. So get ready for new chapters! Hope you enjoy this chapter, have a nice day/night/afternoon <3

-iiiheartprinceton

Two Weeks Later

Taylor

"So, you know Megan?" The women asks.

"Well..."

"You're co-workers?" The man beside her questioned, raising an acusing finger.

I shake my head a bit. "No."

"Then, your friends?" The women pryed.

"Not... Not exactly," I mumble.

"I-I don't understand," The women smiled politely. "It's hard to explain," I reply. The father sits up. "Well, can you explain the reason your here? Otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Taylor, quit sounding suspicious, just cut to the chase." Birkhoff snaps.

"Look, Megan's dead." I blurt. The mother covers her mouth, "That's-That's not possible, we spoke to her just yesterday." She looks up to her husband for reassurance.

The father grabs the phone from the nightstand beside the couch. "I'm calling Megan now."

I watch as his eyes lower. "Honey, she's not answering."

She looks up at me, her eyes glistening. "The police haven't called-" "You wont hear from the police, the people who did this are above the law-" I begin, the father gets up. "What do you mean above the law? When did this happen?" He asks, running a nervous hand through his hair. I slowly rub my jeans, trying to recall if I stashed anything to defend myself with on me. Missions like these never end as calm as we wish.

"Megan was impregnated... By a man she knew, a senator, his name was John Limbergath. He didn't want the affair to go public so... so he had her murdered." The father curses under his breath before walking off, behind me. I put a reassuring hand on the mother's knee. "Look, I can help you get justice for Megan, but I need you to listen... She may've had a prenatal paternity test, if she did, DNA from the test will prove the affair," I turn to face the father.

As I stared at his distraught features I noticed a few family pictures behind him, on a stand. They were all the same photo... I shift on the couch. "Um, the doctors might give you, the parents, access those results. But we need to hurry..." 

I sensed the father inching toward me. I raise my hand to itch my hear, but instead I press the talk button on my ear piece. Immediately Birkhoff responds. "Taylor, anything wrong? Prince and Ray are outside if anything-" 

But as he spoke a the man swung the phone wire around my neck and choked me. Not a-fucking-gain. I jump to my feet, my elbow swings behind me and hits him dead in the nose, I kick the women in the face. I run but I'm quickly on the floor and bleeding from my nose when the man snatches the rug from under my feet. The impact from falling shocks me a bit until I hear a switch blade fling open behind me. I'm on my feet in seconds, facing him with my hands ahead in fists ready to fight. He flicks the knife at me almost slashing my forearm. I grab his arm, twist it and knee him in the gut. "Aah," He breaths, looking me in the eye before throwing a punch. I duck and launch my body at his abdomen. The force makes us both fly in the air, landing on the glass nightstand beside the couch. I can feel shreds of glass seep into my palms. I wince and begin to punch the man unconscious. I'm interrupted around my fourth punch as someone yanks me back by my hair. It's the women. I'm swung across the room, my back bashes through a wall. I quickly jump to my feet again as they both stand before me. The man pointing the knife, the women gripping a lamp. I reach down and grab the spare knife in my boot. I immediately, with a flick of my wrist throw it  at the man. I stabs into his left shoulder. He stammers back. The women hurls the lamp at me, running toward me the knocks me to the floor, grabs me by my shirt and punches me. Where the hell are Ray and Prince!