Chapter 1

Division is a covert black ops branch of the government; led by Percy and Amanda. Division handles everything from discreet government missions to pay-for-play assignments. Growing increasingly corrupt under Percy's handle, Division recruits young people from troubled backgrounds, giving them a second chance at life- but in reality, enslaving them to Division forever. Division essentially erases the lives of their recruits so that they'll be tied psychologically to the organization; trained to be perfect spies and assassins. Which means, if you don't comply to what you are asked to do, they can and will kill you. After all, to the real world... you are already dead.

 Princeton

"Okay everyone," Ms.Johnson's loud voice captured the attention of the talkative classroom. "Today we're going to continue on learning how to sustain your powers and use them only when required or vital to survival. Since obviously this class has problems with goofing around with their powers," Ms.Johnson states, glaring annoyingly at Roc. I hate having powers. I hate that we all have to be so different- so weird. Why can't we just be normal people and learn academics and other fun stuff? Instead, we're forced to learn martial arts while sitting in a jail cell, literally, the only thing missing is the metal toilet and pungent smell of rotting fish meat and sour milk. "But before we start, class, I was informed today that we have a new student," Ms.Johnson says, clasping her palms together and grinning happily. The class sighs in response. "But apparently..." Ms.Johnson says, glancing over at the clock. Then through the small box window in the center of the steal black door. "She's late," She finishes. "A girl? About time," Roc grins. I slump back in my chair.

We were about an forty-five minutes into the lesson when someone knocked on the door, but seconds after opening it themselves. I immediately sat up straight when I saw her. She was probably the prettiest girl I've ever seen. What is she doing here? In Division?

She didn't look like a drop out, much less a criminal. Not that I or anyone else here did but we all did something in order to get here. 

I must have been starring because she glanced at me. Of everyone out of the entire class, her eyes met mine. I quickly looked down at my feet kicking gracefully under my desk. I felt my cheeks begin to redden and my stomach filled with butterflies.

I wonder what her power is. I'm a watcher. Watchers are trained to self induce visions of the future. So basically, I'm what you'd call a psychic. Alot of people would kill to know what the future holds, but I hate it. It makes life too predictable. It defeats the purpose of living if you already know your life before you've lived it. I'm not saying I know how the world will end or what life will be like in 3,000 years but I already know how my weeks going to turn out and that's way too much information already. Not that that prediction is certain. The future can change by the smallest of things. But back to what was saying, I hate having powers, in general. I wish I was normal and Roc, on the other hand absolutely adores his powers. He'd probably sell his soul  and do dark magic for a living if he could.There's this infatuation he has with power. He's a mover.

Movers manipulate inanimate object s at varying distances. Long story short, if you get him mad he'll throw a tree at your face without raising a finger. He uses his powers immaturely. Basically he's that kid in your History class that seems to just sit beside you and dedicate his entire life to bugging the shit out of you. I really just can't stand him, to be honest.

Then there's Pushers, they can push specific thoughts, memories, or even emotions into their targets. Ray and Prodigy are pushers. But they're too kind to ever manipulate people like that. Movers, Pushers and Watchers are the three main powers and the most powerful ones. Lastly there are Readers, Shifts, Bleeders, Sniffs, Wipers, Shadows, and Stitches. But those are rare and almost harmless... If used correctly. But any power used incorrectly or for the wrong reasons can be deadly.