Chapter 6

Lunch

Taylor

"I'm so fucking ugly," I mumble looking at myself from the pocket mirror I borrowed from Demi. My eyes are huge, my eyebrows are hairy, and I'm pretty sure girls shouln't have mustaches. "No your not, your pretty," Prince says looking up from his homework. I laugh and take it from him, looking at it. "I was joking," I mention.

"And...by the way, I'm not 'Pretty'." I correct him.

"...Beautiful?"

"No way."

"Your... cute?"

"Hell no."

"Adorable-'

"Nope."

"Your-"

"I'm... Taylor, I'm Taylor. That's all."

"What about-"

"Taylor."

Prince nods and clears his throat. "So what's a 'Taylor' look like?" He jokes.

"... A tough girl that can and will brake Roc's neck is he dosn't stop touching my hair!" I say turning around to Roc. I hear Princeton chuckle behind me.

"Oh shut up," He says. Challanging me.

"Don't tell me to shut up," I snap.

"Shut. Up." He says with a smirk.

My hand flies up to smack him but instead he shoots into the air, like Amanda did, before I could even hit him, and crashes into a group of tables. He looks up wide eyed.

"I forgot I was I mover, shit," I mumble turning back to Prince. He was laughing so hard he looked like he was about to choke on his chocolate milk.

When he stopped I gave him back his homework. "So what happened earlier? In Ms.Johnson's class? Btw, you got number two wrong."

Princeton

Oh my god... I completely forgot about the vision. And what? "I did not get number two wrong," I say, looking at it. I remain quiet when I realize the mistake. "Prince, really. What happened?" I can tell she noticed my sudden nervousness. I start to play with the straw in my brown milk carton as my stomach slowly fills with butterflies. "Um, N-Nothing really, just um.... I felt a little sick," I lie. "Don't lie to me," She says folding her arms. "I'm not," I say, on the verge of braking. I absolutely hate lying, especially to people I like. I mean- Like Taylor. I hate lying to people like Taylor... "I uh-... It was the vision, I'm so so so sorry for lying," I brake down, covering my face with my hands. "Your a MOVER TOO?!" Roc yells, walking up to her before she could say anything. She rolls her eyes and turns around. "Yeah, jealous?" She asks in a sarcastic tone. He shrugs nervously and stumbles a bit. "N- No- um, No." He answers. "Okay. So if you don't mind, I was having a conversation, leave." She says, turning back to me. "So what was the vision about Prince?" I look down. How am I supposed to tell her? "It- um..." I say quietly. "Hey Taylor, Hey Prince," A voice says sitting next to me. I let out a shaky breath as Ray pats my shoulder. "What's up?" Prodigy asks me, glancing at Taylor with a confused face. "Just tell us what the vision was you stupid geek," Roc says, slowly rubbing his head. "Roc, shut the fuck up!" She screams at him, startling me a bit. "Woah calm down, Taylor... I was just pla-" He says but she cuts him off by standing up. "Playing? Just fucking PLAYING? You fucking MORON! LEAVE HIM THE HELL ALONE! Got it?" She screams in his face. He stood up and got in her face also. "No, I don't 'got it'. He's a fucking geek, a stupid fucking GEEK. And we ALL KNOW IT. YOU JUST DON'T WANA SEE IT CAUSE YOU LIKE HIM!" Roc screams in her face. Taylor was about to jump on him when Prodigy grabbed her by the arms. "Taylor c-" "DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN," She said, correcting him before he said anything. She growled as she fought to get out of Prodigy's grip. I swallowed hard, frightened because I knew eventually she would. I get up and walk up to her, noticing her eyes are blazing red. "Taylor... I-It's okay-" I say but someone cuts me off. "Let her go," A stern voice says from behind me. I turn around to see Percy standing there, calmly with his hands in his suit pockets. Prodigy cautiously let her go. "Taylor. I'm going to need you to calm down..." He said as if he were talking to a three year old. She looked at Roc with a death glare. "You there," He said, turning to Roc. "Move to the opposite side of the facility." Percy said. Without a minute to spare Roc grabbed his stuff and ran in the other direction. "Taylor. I hope you haven't forgot about our discussion. I've been watching you, and you have to learn to control your anger. Okay? Use it when essential," He says nodding at her before walking off through the double doors. She rolls her eyes and folds her arms. "Taylor, wow. Your kinda sexy when your mad..." Prodigy comments looking her up and down. She glares at him before pushing past him and out the cafeteria doors. "Why the hell would you say that to her?" I spit. "I was just saying," He said with a smirk before I follow her. Why does he keep messing with her like that? "Taylor, wait up!" I say loudly, hoping she could hear me.

Taylor

I slowly stop walking and wait for Prince to catch up. "Are you okay?" He pants. I lean on the wall. "No," I mumble. He puts his hands on his knees, catching his breath. "What happened back there? Why'd you get so mad?" He asked, looking up at me with confused and surprised eyes. I sigh. "It's a long story," I say quietly. He looks at his invisible watch, "I have all the time in the world." He smiles at me. I look at him weirdly but soon smile when I realize he's serious. "Okay..." I begin, as we walk to one of the white benches against the wall. "Remember the girl I told you about? The watcher, like you?" I ask him, really surprised at how much of a good listener he was. He nods. "She was like my sister, and she use to get bullied. Bullied to the point where she..." I say trailing off, hoping he'd catch the drift so I wouldn't have to say it.

After a while I realized he wasn't catching on. He and everyone else must have been locked up in here long enough to miss the lecture about how serious bullying can get. I exhale, trying hard not to cry in front of him. "She killed herself... She called me one day and told me she was done with it, done with everything. By time I could get there... she-... she was dead," I say burying my face in my hands. Taylor, don't. Come on, don't cry. "There was blood everywhere..." I whisper, letting a tear fall. Prince looked at me, eyes filled with nothing but remorse and sadness "Taylor... It's okay," He said, doing all he could to comfort me. By this time I was already crying into his chest. "It was my fault," I whimper. "I should've stopped it," I sob even harder as Prince rubbed my back soothingly. "Taylor, that wasn't your fault. Don't blame yourself for that, there was nothing you could do," He says in a soft voice. I can tell him seeing my cry made him feel really bad, but I just couldn't help it.

After minutes and minutes of crying I became silent and was now just lying in his arms. Prince shook me a little. "Um, Taylor? I'm really sorry," He says, looking into my eyes. "But, lunch is gona end in five minutes," He laughs a little. I sniffle, before lifting my head up and wiping my tears. I look at my hands and see black eyeliner all over them. "Don't worry," Prince says, surprising me a bit. I didn't know he was watching. "You look better without it," He compliments. I smile and sigh looking at my sleeves. "Sorry you had to see me so angry..." I mumble. "It's okay," He says, with a small smile. I can tell he sort of had his nervous force field back. "I just got... so upset when Roc said those things." I add, starring at the wall. A lot of things are on my mind. "Like... when he called me a nerd... Or," He paused. "... When he said... you liked me?" He asked quietly. I look at him, curious about where he was going with this. "Both," I answer. "Do...you like me?" He asks lowly. I almost didn't hear him. I take about a minute to think about what he meant by if I 'liked' him. "Of course I like you. Your my first and... Well... Only friend I've made here. I guess, I could say your my bestfriend," I say, smiling a bit at the end. His sad puppy-like expression immediately looked much happier. "I guess we're bestfriend's then," He says cheerfully. But before I could smile back, it turns into a sigh when I hear the bell ring.

Princeton

Taylor gets up and sticks her pink lip out like a sad puppy, "Gotta go. See you later?" She asks. I nod, giving her the best smile I could make up. I guess I know now... She likes me as a friend. Just a friend... She waves before she turns around and walks away. Suddenly she stops and turns back towards me. My head lifts up in hopes that she had a change of mind and she said a little something like this:

"Prince, I'm sorry. I was wrong. I love you."

"Do you wanna... Hang out today? After school?" She asks, my eyes widen a bit. "Um, uh wh-wha hu-huh?" I stutter out. She looks at me weird, "Never mind." "No! I do, today? Yep. I'm free after school. I'll be there," I blurt quickly. She smiles. "Bye Prince" She says rolling her eyes playfully before she continues walking to her next class. Oh... My... God... YES.