Garroth x Reader

The chilly weather outside was going to kill you. It was technically only 30 degrees out but felt like -100, and honestly the only thing keeping you warm is the heat from Garroths Hand.

~30 minutes earlier~

Staying up till 3 am had become your daily schedule since you started university. It helped that your classes were in the afternoon but it still wasn't a good routine to have. You were working on today's homework, a group project with 3 unproductive people that hauled all the work on you to do. Sighing heavily you tapped on your laptop while in bed, trying to keep your eyes open, the bright screen straining your eyes further. You dont know how long it had been since you last had a break and with your finished part, you leaned back and closed your eyes. Sighing with relief you looked back at the laptop and closed the program you were using.

Looking at the time, you had finished in time for the clock to strike 12:12 am. You groaned and closed the laptop and placed it to the side and decided to get a drink to relieve the stress of work.
Getting out of bed you grab your coat and slip on a pair of tennis shoes and leave your dorm. Walking down the stairs you hear someone say your name and when you turn around you find your best friend Garroth.
Grinning you wave at him and wait for him to get to you.

"Hey (Y/N)! Where are you headed at this time?"
"I'm just going out for a drink, the homework for class has me stressed"
"Oh you wouldn't believe the work my class has me doing, how about I tell you on the way there?"
"Sure, but where were you going before?"
Garroths face tinged a slight pink and he put his hand at the back of his neck while mumbling "I was actually on the way to get a slushie.."

You blinked and then a giggle came from your lips and you covered your mouth and laughed, "Garroth its 12:15 and your getting a slushie?" He blushed more intensely and half yelled a "Hey your up going out for a drink I dont see how you think that's any better!?" You laughed more and said "yeah, well I just didnt expect you to say a slushie!??" He smiled with a red blush on his face and laughed "let's just get going-"

He walked down the stairs ahead of you while you stumbled down the stairs, still laughing because of the half tired half awake delirium you're in. Walking out the entrance of the dorms, you didnt expect the temperature to be very warm, but the cold air hit you harder than you thought it would. You shivered on impact and saw garroth do the same. When you both looked at each other, you playfully huffed and said "you still want a slushie?" He shot you a toothy smile that gave you the warmth of a sunny day and said "I think I'm feeling more of hot chocolate now" Blinded by the Heat rising on your face, you smiled and gave a thoughtful stare and said "I think you've convinced me enough to want one as well." He laughed a bit and nudged at you to walk with him.

Nonchalantly you both talked about how classes were going, what insane assignments you had, what people you had to work with. You both went from topic to topic, from grades, to your parents, to your homes away from the dorm, and then friends. By the time you both reached the convenience store, both of your faces were flushed with a pink twinge and red noses from the cold. Garroth held  the door and you thanked him walked in and he followed. You both took a breath and felt the cold from your bodies thawing from the cozy heat of the store. Proceeding to talk and grab your drinks, you didn't even register the cashier, and garroth had kindly payed for your drinks.

You both walked back to the door you came in and you opened the door for you and him. When you were both outside you walked with Garroth and near the side walk you both sat down at a bench on the side. You huffed and smiled at the man next to you and said "it's a good thing the walk is less the 20 minutes away from the dorms right?" He pondered that thought and then looked back at you and said, "well, I actually enjoy the walk from the dorms. It's nice isnt it?"

You took a sip of the warm liquid and winced a bit from the slight burn of the drink hitting your tongue, that was quickly followed by the sweet and creamy flavor of the hot chocolate. Sighing you said "I meant we dont have to stay in the cold and walk a mile but, when you say it like that it makes me think more about it I guess."

He took a drink from his cup and his foggy white breath puffed from his mouth as he said "I like the walk. I know we have classes and stuff and some people would say just walking here and chilling is a waste of time. But, really the walk is like a breath of fresh air from my dorm, away from the homework I'm working on, and away from the small worries I have. It's a small get away and I feel like I have all the time in the world when I'm walking here and back, especially when it's dark right now."

He stopped talking and looked up at the sky "you know you can't really see the stars from the dorm because of all the lights but with only the light of the convenience store and the moon, the stars come out. And it feels like the trees and their rustling leaves are  only adding to the aspect of the dark sky." He sighs in contentment and you feel the nipping air disappear and you sit with garroth and look at the sky, your drink warming your hand.

With that your eyes close and you lean your head on Garroths shoulder. His breathing doesnt hitch and hold but rather his whole frame relaxes and he lays his head on top of yours. With that you both just are in ease of the worries you have waiting for you at the dorms and just lay and sip your drinks together. When you finish your drink, Garroth grabs yours and his and toss it into a bin that was at the end of the bench. You both stand up from your comfortable position and stretch before you start walking back.

Your face is flushed with pink and its not just from the cold anymore, but its from the thought of the cozy position you were just in with Garroth and before you say anything, a breeze of cold air hits you and you shiver and your hands immediately clench up and go into your pockets for warmth, only for your breath to hitch again from the cold fabric of your coat. Garroth looks at you and profusely blushes. He turns away for a few seconds and then says "hey.." you glance at him before looking at the hand hes holding outward towards you. Your face warms and you feel a blush forming in your cheeks before you take one of your hands out and intertwine it into Garroths. You both blush, and when you look at him, you find that he's already staring right back at you.

You softly smile and begin the walk that you thought was long but only proved soon after to be the exact opposite. Before you enter the entrance you look up at the sky and see the stars once again. Then when you look to the side of you, where you see the man that's holding your hand, you can see his eyes from the side, and from that you say "Your eyes shine brighter than the stars right now" and he blinks and you see the tips of his ears turn red and when he turns you expect to see a flustered expression but all he does and is grin and say "that's probably because I'm holding hands with the most wonderful person I know" and instead find yourself being the one with a flustered face.

Then he says "It also might be because the cold is making my eyes tear up-" and your face turns up into a more cheerful one before you laugh delightfully and Garrith squeezes your hand while Laughing with you. With that you both walk into the entrance of the university and start on the walk to the dorms. But this time instead of feeling the cold you feel the warmth of Garroths hand, keeping you from experiencing the cold that's hitting your face and keeping a warm expression on both you and Garroths face.

Nothing is better than a cold walk a 12 am with the person you love.

*********************************
Hey! Sorry for such a long time with out updates but I'm hoping to update more! Thank you to spooktouqe for giving me unintentional motivation to write for this fic ^^
Please request on the RQ page and I hope you liked this oneshot!