Gene x Reader

**********
This happens during PDH Season 1
***********
"Hello?"
"Yeah It's me, I'm sorry (Y/N), I got a date to the prom so we can't be single Pringles together.."
Sigh really? I didn't want to be alone for Prom, but I can't be mad at her for finding a date.
"Tea about who the dude is and Ill forgive you"
"Oh my Irene you are one of the best people in my world (Y/N)!!"
"Yeah Yeah but who is it?!"
"....AARON ASKED ME OUT TO PROM"
"OH MY IRENE NO WONDER YOU SAID YES! I KNEW IT HAD TO BE SOMEONE IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO JUST DITCH ME!"
"I know! And he asked me on the roof under the moon! It was so romantic~"
"That just sounds dangerous. But I'm glad you got asked by him Aphmau!"
"I KNOW RIGHT! But what about you? I know you already got your dress and stuff, are you still gonna go?"
"Might aswell, I'm sure there'll be other people to hang out with, plus lets not forget the free drinks and snacks!"
"You and food GEEZ! Well, As long as your okay. I'm still really sorry I can't go with you!"
"It's okay really! Just enjoy your night with Aaron, okay Aph?"
"Alright, I'm gonna turn in for the night. Goodnight (Y/N)!"
"Goodnight!"
*beep*

You flop onto the bed and let out a disappointed sigh. The truth is you aren't sure who's gonna be there, and you aren't one to start a conversation, what are you gonna do now? You don't want to waste the dress you bought, not to mention you spent a whole 3 weeks planning on going. But not going will make Aph feel bad, and you dont want that.

You groan in frustration and roll over facing the ceiling. What now? You pondered this thought for awhile before you feel your phone Vibrate beside you. Grabbing the phone and then getting under the covers, might aswell sleep off the disappointment.

Turning on the phone you see a messege from Gene, your friend since middle school. Sure he's done the whole blackmail thing to Aphmau, and you scolded him for it many times before, but in reality he just had a crush on her and didn't know how to express it. Of course learning this fact sort of crushed you at first but he's your friend, how can you not be supportive of him?

"Hey (Y/N), heard the news about Aphmau's date. You must be pretty bummed out."
"First off Thanks for the concern but I'll be okay. Second off, how did you find out?"
"I have my ways."
"Whatever. Anyway i'm not the one that's supposed to be bummed out. What about you? How are you holding up?"
"What do you mean? You think Aphmau having a date to the Prom is gonna affect me? I'm over her. Dont ask about it."
"Okay geez just asking. Are you still going?"
"Are you asking because you want to ask me to prom yourself?~"
"I'm not responding to that you dumbo. I'm going to sleep. Night"
"Avoiding the question as to be expected. Night (Y/N)."
Seen

As nonchalant as your response was, it couldn't be any farther than what you felt. You face was a bit flushed and red. Pouting, you turn your phone off, and place it on your night stand and cuddle up to your pillow while burying your face in it. Gene's so dumb. Saying stuff like that, he's just asking to be punched. But did he mean it? No obviously it was a joke. Not dwelling on the matter more than that you let your body fall into a slumber.

***************
Sorry this is going to be a two parter >-<
I hope you enjoyed this one shot! uwu
+We are almost at 1k views O- O please vote if you liked the one shot thanks! owo