Garroth x Reader (Angst)

A/N: wanted to try and write some angst because we all love them heartbreaking stories :) Also if you don't know, *Angst: sadness

"Are you okay? you look like you didn't sleep last night.." you asked, grabbing Garroth's hand while walking with him outside of school as it was the end of the day. You tried to look at him but he wouldn't look at you directly. 

"I didn't actually get a good rest, I was too busy thinking." He said in a deep, almost strained voice. He gripped your hand tighter, and finally looked at you with a weary smile. 

You could see the his tired expression and squeezed his hand tighter. "Make sure to get some rest tonight okay? And whatever your worrying about will be resolved, So get some sleep." you said with a concerned smile. Before you parted ways with him, You pulled him into a hug, and for a second he just stood there. When he did hug you back, he said "thanks, I'll see you tomorrow," he kissed your forehead and started walking home.

You stood there for a little, watching his figure until he turned a corner and disappeared from your view. Truthfully, you wanted to ask him what he was thinking about, but thought you were being snoopy, or that he might continue thinking about whatever was bothering him. 

The Same thing happened for the following week. What was wrong with him? After another week of this happening I decide to ask one more time and all he responded with was "Don't worry about it, okay?" That only made me only worry more. After another week or was it two? I noticed that Garroth had started to distance himself.

Over the First few days he started talking to me less. Then he went from Holding my hand to Barely able to hold a conversation anymore. I was so confused and hurt. Why wasn't he talking to me? What is wrong with me? Did he just stop loving me? What was wrong?

And now here I am, standing at my house afraid of why he stopped me. Why is his head lowered? Why do I feel this sense of dread? after a while of staring you realize he's speaking and he says

"I'm breaking up with you. I just don't feel the same way as I did in the beginning." 

That's it. That's all he said after months of knowing him. Him, he was all you thought about. Day and night. And every day you guys were together it felt like you were on cloud nine. And now that's gone. All the days of holding hands. All the times you've said "I love you" what was it for?

Your hand's are trembling, a million of thoughts are rushing through your head. All you can push out of your mouth is "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. What did I do? What did I do wrong..? Please, TELL ME!?" You don't realize your crying until you the feel stinging sensation in your throat, bubbling up but not escaping and bringing more pain. Your voice is quivering as you speak the next words. "Im sorry, I'm sorry, I'M SO SORRY!" Your voice is cracking and you keep spitting out your thoughts. "I'm sorry i'm not pretty enough, I'm sorry i'm not that funny, or even that smart, but please,.."

"Don't leave."

Your head was pounding, your heart felt like it was hanging on strings that were being sawed off slowly and you were waiting anxiously, waiting to feel the strings to break while not being able to do anything about it.

Garroth's POV *****

Guilt and a cloudy feeling of missing is growing steadily at the moment. He's watching you fall apart before him. And with every trembling, cracking word leaving your mouth, a feeling of being stabbed hits him in the chest with shame, and all he can seem to do is watch. 

His arms almost raise to comfort you out of instinct and he wants to hold you. Hold you tightly and say it's going to be okay, and kiss your forehead and just stay like that until you stop crying. 

"..please, Don't leave."

Garroth's legs start moving and he quickly realizes he's moving towards you to pull you into a hug. But then he stops himself. Why? Why would he put you through that pain? What was he thinking? He continues walking towards you, but then passes by. 

"Y/N It's better this way, Don't make this any harder than it already is." Garroth says with an Irritated glare,

He walks down the block to his house and when he gets to the door he stomps inside and runs up to his room while slamming the door hard enough to break it. He finally stops and crouches, and sobs. Why did it hurt so bad? Suddenly he receives a text from his friend and he stops crying. Wipes off his tears and blows his nose, before getting his composure back and thinks to himself, You'll get over them. 

Your POV ******

After watching him walk away, it felt like your heart stopped. The strings had finally snapped and it felt like your heart shattered when it dropped from the strings and then scattered into a mirage of bits and pieces everywhere. 

You trudged inside, your body felt like heavy lead with every step. You finally got to your room, closed the door and just got into bed and cried like you never had before. You cried because he left, you cried because it was your fault, and you cried even more because he didn't even spare you a glance as he walked back home like he didn't just break your heart.

Everyday after felt dull and motionless. You were forced to go to school and once your friend's dottie and Daniel heard, they felt terrible. They tried to comfort you, every which way they thought would work, but it just felt like they were feeding you meaningless words.

You were going through the motions and most of the time it felt like time wasn't even moving, especially after you saw him with another girl, and even after 2 months had gone by you still felt the sting of pain from seeing him. Every time you saw him, or something that reminded you of him, it felt like pieces of your heart were being dragged even further away from your grasp as you tried to piece yourself back together. 

It's now been 5 years since then and you've recovered from the terrible heartbreak. Today you met this amazing girl named Aphmau in your math class, hopefully she's becomes your friend, after all it is the first week of college. Walking back to the dorms with her, you see a familiar flash of blonde hair from the corner of your eye, Wonder who that could be?

***********************************************************

Hello My dudes!  Sorry I said I was gonna write this and I hit a huge wall with this story because I just couldn't get down how I wanted the story to feel, but I think this one is decent.

I hope you liked this one shot! Please make some request's on the RQ page so I can write more :D Thanks!