Gone.

Kara Walker.

"Mommy!" I heard one of the boys scream.

I closed my laptop and jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs to see Chance pinning Aiden to the ground. I giggled and walked over to grab Chance off of Aiden.

"What happened?" I asked as Aiden stood up from the floor.

"Aiden kept messing with me." Chance said.

"Okay, Aiden why were you picking on your brother?"

"I wasn't picking on him, I was messing with him." He said and I was a little surprised, he's never talked to me that way.

"Okay, smart guy. Why'd you do it?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Because I wanted to."

"Tell him you're sorry about what you did." I said and he pouted.

"But, mom." He groaned.

"Apologize Aiden." I said and he lowered his head and then turned to his brother.

"I'm sorry for messing with you." He said.

"And." Chance said.

"It won't happen for the rest of the day." He said and looked up at me.

"Better?" He asked and I nodded before scooping them up in my arms.

"Better." I said kissing their cheeks.

"Mom, where's Ashton?" Chance asked as we walked up the stairs.

"At home, why?" I asked and he frowned.

"Doesn't smell like it." He said and I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he shrugged.

"How am I supposed to know?" He asked.

These kids are a little too smart of you ask me. They know words that are too big for their vocabulary.

"Let's get dressed." I said ignoring Chance's comment.

"Where are we going?" Aiden asked as we entered their room.

"It's a secret." I said and he groaned.

"Okay." He said as I set him and Chance on the ground.

I pulled out a pair of jeans, a white shirt, and a pair of nikes for the twins to wear. I pulled put two beanies and they got excited. According to them, whenever they wear beanies it means we're either doing or going somewhere special.

I quickly ran their bath water and washed them up. I let them play with their toys for a while before pulling them out and getting them dressed. After dressing the boys, I turned on the tv in the living room and they watched spongebob. I headed upstairs and into my room.

I shut the door and pulled off my shirt. I started to pull off my sweats when I heard someone clear their throat. I screamed and turned and saw Ashton standing there looking anywhere but me with red cheeks.

I quickly grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head. I looked down and he cleared his throat again, "is it okay to look now?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said rocking on my heels. I looked up and he blushed. I inwardly awed at how adorable he looked. He nodded his head indicating for me to come over and I complied.

He took his hands from behind his back and handed me two bouquets of roses. He blushed again and I smiled.

"Uh, I uh, I didn't know which ones to get you, so," he said dragging out the o in so.

"I got you both." He said and I smiled up at him.

"You really didn't have to. But thank you." I said taking the roses and kissed his cheek.

I headed downstairs and put the roses in vases. I headed back upstairs and bumped into Ashton as I entered the room. He smiled down at me and I smiled back. I reached up and pecked his lips. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. He reached down and captured my lips with his.

His hands slowly made their way up and I could feel his hand touching the skin underneath my shirt. I moaned into his mouth and his grip tightened. I smiled before pecking his lips one more time and pulling away. I heard little footsteps running up the stairs and I turned to see the boys running towards Ashton and I.

"Ashton!" They yelled and he chuckled before bending down and hugging them. I smiled and watched as he played around with them. I quickly changed into a pair of jeans, a gray sweater, a scarf, and a pair of gray boots. I applied some mascara and lip gloss and slipped on my glasses. I grabbed my bag and the boys stared at me. I blushed and looked down.

"Okay, guys. We've got to get going." Ashton said snapping out of his trance.

"Mommy looks really pretty." Chance whispered to Aiden.

"She does." Aiden huffed.

~

"What are we going to watch?" I asked.

"Whatever the boys are interested in." He said as we watched the boys run in front of us, swinging our interlaced hands.

"Oh God." I mumbled and he chuckled.

"So, what do you guys want to watch?" I asked as we entered the door.

"The movie with the big balloon guy." Aiden said and Chance rolled his eyes.

"He means baymax." Chance said and Ashton paid for the tickets.

"Okay. You guys go and get snacks. I'm going to the restroom." I said and they nodded before walking off.

*

Ashton Richards.

It's been about ten minutes since Kara went to the restroom and I'm starting to worry. I mean, it shouldn't take the long for a girl to do her business and finish. They do check their make up, I thought.

I picked up the boys and we walked over to a lady who had just came out of the restroom, "excuse me, I'm looking for my girlfriend, have you seen her?" I asked and she stared at me blankly.

"She's sbout 5' 4", with blonde hair and blue eyes. She's wearing a gray sweater and glasses?"

"Oh, yeah. I was talking to her in the washroom and I turned around and she was gone." She said and I clenched my jaw.

"What do you mean gone?" I asked.

"As in she was there and then she wasn't. I don't know it was kind of weird if you ask me." She said.

"Thank you for your help but I have to go." I said walking away.

I handed our tickets to a family of four waiting in line. The guy bowed his head, "alpha." he whispered.

I nodded my head before speed walking out of the door. Once I made it to the car, I quickly buckled the twins in their car seats and tried calling Kara. It kept going straight to voicemail.

"Damn it." I whispered and tried reaching out to my wolf.

[You got anything yet?] I asked.

[No, not even a scent.] He replied worry lacing his voice.

[Try harder.] I shouted and he growled.

[What do you think I'm trying to do? Besides its too late. She's already gone.] He whispered.