Maybe, Maybe Not.

Kara.

Eight months ago, I made a terrible decision. I should've never threw that party. That's probably one of my biggest mistakes.

After I found out I was pregnant I found out that the beautiful stranger's name was Ashton Richards.

I was sitting in one of the bean bag chairs reading a book and Kate sat down next to me. She asked me a few questions and I responded to them nicely.

"Is it okay if I-" She trailed off.

I nodded my head and she put a hand on my stomach. She smiled down at my belly and began rubbing it.

"You're kind of big for eight months." Kate said. I just shrugged and continued to read my book.

I find it strange how my dad didn't go ballistic when he found out I was pregnant. I thought he was going to blow his top and I guess I was wrong.

"Kate, what was it like being at teen mom?" I asked.

"It was kind of stressful, I was only sixteen when I had Jordan." She said.

"Thank you for everything." I said and she hugged me.

"Anytime."

~

I crawled into bed and pulled the covers over my body. I started to feel this pain in my side. I ignored it since it was something I was used to. I lie in bed for about ten minutes and realized I had to pee. I sighed and got up out of the bed and shuffled my way to the bathroom.

I flicked on the light and I felt pain in my side again and water running down my leg. I gasped and screamed for Kate and my dad. A few seconds later my dad rushed into the bathroom and looked around.

"It broke." I said.

His eyes widened and he carefully walked me into my room. He grabbed my jacket and my shoes and helped me into them. He called for Kate and she came into the room.

"Get the keys, we have to go now." He said.

She ran out of the room and I heard a door open and close. Another wave of pain made it's way through my body and I whimpered. My dad gave me a sympathetic look and kissed the top of my head.

"It's okay, sweetheart. We'll get through this. I promise." He said as Jordan walked into the room.

He helped my dad walk me out to the car and my legs grew tired and my legs buckled underneath me. Before I fell I felt arms around my waist and I had been carried the rest of the way to the car.

~

"Okay. Kara, on the count of three push," The doctor said and I nodded.

"One. Two. Three. Push!"

After pushing and the I can't do this. I finally heard the cry of a baby. I watched as they cleaned him up and handed him to me. I played with his fingers and I felt pain in my stomach again and I whimpered.

My dad and Kate rushed to my side and my dad held my hand while Kate took the baby. The doctor walked back over and smiled.

"It looks like there's another one." She said.

"Another one?" I breathed out.

"Same thing as before Kara. One, two, three. Push!"

After a few more pushes the baby finally was here. They cleaned him or her up and handed him or her to me.

"It's another boy." I said when I noticed the blue blanket.

He smiled at me and I kissed his cheeks. Kate handed me the boy and I held them both in my arms. I smiled down at them and they yawned.

"What are you going to name them?" My dad asked.

"Aiden Matthew Richards and Chance Martin Richards." I said.

"Are you sure about the whole Richards thing?" Kate asked.

"It's their father's name. They should have something of his." I said.

~

"Should I call him or should I wait?" I asked I paced back and forth.

"Just do it." Jordan said handing me the phone.

I dialed the number and stuffed the piece of paper in my pocket. Someone picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" The voice asked. It sounded like a boy but not Ashton.

"Hello, is Ashton around?" I asked.

"No, he's not in at the moment. Can I take a message?"

"Yes, tell him that Kara called and she needs to speak with him immediately." I said.

"You got it." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Welcome." He said and the line went dead.

I sat the phone down and fell back on my bed. I looked at the ceiling and sighed.

"What am I going to do? Being a single parent is hard and I'm still in college." I said.

"Hey, you'll get through it. You'll have me there to help you." Jordan said.

"Thanks, Jordan." I said closing my eyes.

Maybe a half hour nap could take my mind off of things.

I heard a cry from down the hall.

Or maybe not.