new york

I made it. New York. The city of dreams. The big apple. I'm here.

"A year and a half ago...the New Directions were nothing but a group of seven misfits stumbling their way...through a horrific rendition of "Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat."" I chuckle out, sitting on the steps with the others.

"Now here we are at the top of the show choir heap.
Nationals!" Kurt shouts, me and him high five.

"I want to hit up Central Park, get my frolic on." I nod approvingly at Tina, "I want to throw stuff
off the Brooklyn Bridge." Puck states.

"Guys, hold on. I mean, we still have two songs to write." Finn tells us, I roll my eyes and smile.

"Okay, Mr. Bossy Pants." I chuckle, "But I think we have some time for a tune before we leave."

"Start spreading the news." I sing happily, "I'm leaving today!" Sam joins in with a funny voice.

"I want to be apart of it, New York, New York!" We all sing, laughing happily.

"Guys, I have news. To celebrate our impending
win at nationals...I got us all 13 tickets...to Broadway's longest-running show ever...Cats." I look at Rachel confused.

"Whoo!" Brittany shouts, "Yeah, you did."

"You might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel...because Cats closed about 11 years ago." I agreed with Quinn.

"He did seem crazy. He charged my credit card
by swiping it through his butt crack." I looked at her disgusted. Gross.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

"Do you know that I can get an ahi tartare and a steak sandwich... at 3:00 in the morning from their all-night dining menu? I feel like Eloise." I smile at Kurt, as we look over the menu.

"I have pills for that." I furrow my brows at Brittany.

"All right, guys. This is your time. Now, you are all on lockdown...till you finish writing our songs for nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back." I frown at Mr Shue.

"Aren't you gonna help us?" I ask.

"I, um- I will be back...and read your amazing creations and give notes. But right now I have to head to the theatre to, uh, fill out some paperwork." I look at him strangely as he leaves.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

{My Cup- Performed By Brittany S. Pierce & Artie Abrams}

"Whoo!" I clapped awkwardly as they finished.

"Hold on. Are you singing about a cup?" Tina alks confused, "Yeah. Totally." Brittany confirms.

"We gotta get out of here." Quinn stands up and grabs her coat, "Wait. No, no, no. Mr. Schue gave us explicit instructions." Rachel tells her.

"To write a song. And our problem is...is that our only inspiration are mattresses and bathroom cups." Quinn scoffs, I stand up.

"Quinn's right. We're in the artist capital of the world. Poets, musicians, actors, playwrights...every dreamer that's ever lived has passed through this city. If we want our dreams to come true, we need
to be out there with them, not stuck in here." I shrug, stating my opinion as I also grab my coat.