8

"Hey," Gemma turned up at my doorstep a month after we had last seen each other. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier."

"I just want to know, although I do have a few ideas," I reply leaning against the door frame.

"Want me to confirm it?"

"Ya." She comes in and we sit on the back porch. 

"So, I don't really know if I should be telling you, because well, this is Louis' business."

"Whatever I think is happening definitely made him break up with me."

"What are you thinking?" I didn't want to admit it, but I knew it was happening, it was so obvious.

"Drugs and alcohol, obvious." All Gemma does is nod slowly. "How do you know?"

"Lottie told me, then Louis told me."

"When?"

"A week after you guys broke up."

"Wait you're in contact with Louis?"

"Yeah, I've been the whole time." It was silence for a few seconds. "The night Lottie went into your house wasn't because I stood her up for a stupid movie, she texted me Louis needed help out of the club."

"So why were you laughing?"

"She eased into it."

"Oh, but why didn't you go."

"I was gonna smell like beer and cigars when I got back, and I knew that, and Lottie finally realized, which is why she left so quickly."

"Oh, ok, this makes more sense."

"Harry, I don't think you understand how bad it is now, it's gotten way worse since you guys broke up, he misses you, you weren't nothing to him, he just was.."

"Just what?"

"Nothing," she sighs at me. She stands up. "I'm going to hangout with Lottie and Louis, bye." 

"Bye Gem." She leaves the awkward tension that was in between us. 

I sit there for the rest of the evening. 

Then Gemma texted me.