Conversations

It was all a blur, the police coming and arresting my dad, an ambulance coming as well. My mum woke up somewhere in the middle of all the madness and I gave a brief explanation of the events that had occurred earlier this morning. Jungkook was fine apart from a few deep cuts and dark bruises, which he had bandaged and given an ice pack for.

"Maybe it would be best if you didn't live here, you father wouldn't know where to find you anymore." My mum stood in the doorway of the living room, in which me and Jungkook were sitting, taking in everything.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have called you, if I didn't call you wouldn't have been hurt and-" Jungkook cut me off, "if you didn't call you would've been the one who got hurt, and I wouldn't be able to deal with you getting any more injuries." He put his hand on mine, and his head on my shoulder. "You should know I'd do anything for you" he whispered, "and I'd do anything for you too."

And then there was a rhythmic knock at the door. "I'll get it" my mum walked towards the door. I wondered who it could be, but there was no chance that I could have more of a surprise than I did earlier.

It was Jungkooks parents who had heard a little about what happened from my mum. They were oddly calm about the situation but did insist on taking Jungkook home so they could, 'keep an eye on him.'

After the sad goodbye my mum and I sat on the sofa, staring at a blank TV. "So he's been arrested now?" She asked, turning to me. "Yeah, but he won't be in jail until he's out of the hospital." A sudden flashback of my own hand clutching the bloodied piece of glass came into my view, but I quickly blinked it away. "Hospital? If anyone I though Jungkook would go to the hospital!" She didn't know what I had done, I hadn't exactly told her yet. "Yes but I had to stop him somehow and this seemed like the only way in the moment..."
"What was the only way?"
"I saw a piece of glass, broken glass on the floor, he was going to hurt Jungkook even more than he already had, and I couldn't deal with that... so I... in the moment... just... thrust my arm forward..." I didn't know how she'd react, whether she'd be angry or upset with me about my actions. "Okay" her voice remained even, she didn't even break eye contact.

"When are you planning on moving in with the others? I think sooner is better than later!" My mum completely ignored the last conversation. "Uhh, I'm not sure, we haven't talked about that yet, I can text Jin and see when he'd be ready for it?"
"I think that's a good idea."

So I got my phone and texted Jin, who replied almost immediately, 'you can move in anytime, Namjoon has already moved in and we'd love to have you'

"That means you can move in tomorrow, you'd better get packing!"