Sirens

Everyone left after my mum got home, even though she went straight to bed when she did. I went upstairs too, sitting at my desk and continuing on some missed class work.

I hummed quietly to myself as I wrote. Then I heard a knock from somewhere, I looked around, but there was nothing there. Another knock and I saw something outside the window, a third rock was thrown at the window, making another knock sound. I looked out and saw a figure I had been dreading, I immediately grabbed my phone. "Jungkook, he's back, I never thought he'd come back but he's outside." My voice was shaky, my words came out in a sudden burst and I wasn't sure if Jungkook would be able to comprehend them. "I'm coming, I'll climb over the back fence so he won't see me, stay there and don't let him know you've called me." And then he hung up.

I heard a door open downstairs and snuck a peek out the window, my dad was still in the front garden, trying to get my attention. But it seems he saw that I wasn't taking any notice, he started walking towards the front door, unluckily for him, I had locked it earlier. "Hey, I'm here now, where is he?" Jungkook ran into my room, coming straight to my side and looking out the window. "By the front door, but I locked it earlier so there's no way he coul-" I was interrupted by a tremendous bang downstairs. My eyes met Jungkook's, "call the police" he grunted before disappearing out the door.

So I did, I called the police and they said they'd come as quickly as possible. I didn't know what was happening downstairs, but there were voices, getting louder over time. I wondered how long it would be until my mum woke up.

I knew I couldn't sit here and do nothing, especially when I heard what sounded like a glass smash come from downstairs. I rushed up, grabbing my crutches and getting out of my room. I practically jumped down all the stairs and it barely hurt at all. There were no more voices, just slams and bangs, it worried me even more. I looked into the kitchen and saw one figure standing over another, who was lying on the floor. I put my crutches to the side, the clicking noise they were constantly making was too loud, and soon I would lose the one advantage I had, surprise.

I saw a smashed glass cup on the floor, and a shard in my dads hand, which was raised above Jungkook. Then time froze around me, nothing moved, as I stepped forward and grabbed one of the pieces of glass from the floor. I couldn't breathe as I watched the man I love lay on the floor, blood running from the cuts on his face. Anger filled me and coursed through my veins as I mumbled, "you need to leave."

He turned to me, his face twisting into a smile, "but I came to see you, everything I do is for you!"
"Then leave, for me" I growled. "First, im taking care of this man who is taking you from me!" He raised the glass again, but before he could move an inch I threw my arm forward and felt a warm liquid ooze from his back, where I had stuck the glass. I stumbled back as he fell to the side, his face looking more shocked than anyone I've ever seen. I ran to Jungkook just as I heard sirens outside.