Extremely late Valentines thing

This is literally like a month late i'm either too lazy to exist or school it just that stressful

"The humans call it 'Valentine's day'." Boulder was explaining, well, Valentine's day to the recruits.

"It's a day for love?" Hoist asked.

"That makes no sense.." Medix added.

"I think it's sweet the humans have a day for love." Whirl smiled.  

"Why would you need a whole day dedicated to it? Are you not allowed to show it until that certain day??" Hotshot didn't understand it. Although Whirl was the only one that did. Cynder put her head on her desk and thought about the slideshow Boulder just showed them.

People giving each other gifts and expressing their love in a number of ways.

"Cynder, what did we say about heads on the desk?" Boulder said.  Cynder lifted her head off the desk. "Thank you, now recruits. Valentine's day is tomorrow, so we're going to go out and help the humans decorate Griffin Rock. Choose a buddy and stick together."

"I CALL CYNDER-" Hotshot screamed. everyone else shrugged and Whirl went with Hoist and Medix went with Wedge. Cynder guessed she had no choice and went to Hotshot.

"Alright, now that you have your buddies we can go help the humans." Boulder started out the door.

-----

"This is fun right?" Hotshot asked. Cynder wasn't having fun, she was terrified. Hotshot decided the best way to decorate was to attach streamers to his back, go into jet mode, and fly as fast as possible and spread the streamers everywhere. Cynder's job was to stay on his back, not fall off and help spread streamers. 

Meanwhile on the ground the others had much much better ideas of decorating. Medix tied bows because he could make them look best, Wedge put the bows everywhere, Hoist found roses and put them in baskets for the humans to take, and Whirl decorated the high parts of buildings. Boulder observed the recruits while also helping where he could.

Hotshot suddenly screeched to a stop, Cynder almost flew off him. She roared in question.

"Sorry! I think we should go down now, we're running out of streamers." he explained. Cynder shook her head and jumped off him. Hotshot yelled after her but she plummeted to the ground without a care.

At the last minute she spread her wings and glided onto the road in front of Medix. 

"Hello Cynder, I assume you're finished with he streamers?"  Medix greeted. Cynder tiredly nodded. 

"Why are you so tired Cynder? Are you okay?" Wedge asked. Cynder nodded again. Wedge knew something was wrong but didn't push her. He continued with the bows. 

"If you need another job Boulder could use some help." Medix offered.

Hotshot landed next to Cynder.

"Yeah we need something to do. Thanks Medix!" he walked off. Cynder followed.

-----

They met Whirl and Hoist on the way.