Alone

Cynder's POV

Ah, another day, what adventures could this new day possibly hol-

Blaring sirens blasted in my ears and grabbed me out if my thoughts.

I shook my head in annoyance and ran to the ground bridge. Everyone else was there already.

"There's a flood in Griffin rock, we need all hands on deck." Boulder explained. My ears perked up, no way in heck and I doing a flood rescue.

"Cynder, you stay back, we can't have you getting another injury." Blades looked at me sternly.

Don't have to tell me twice. I nodded and Blades smiled. The bots did their little chant they do Everytime they go to a rescue and ran through the ground bridge.

Now I was alone in the academy. I stood by the bridge for a while and then limped around looking for something to do.

I found Hotshot's cube and tried to throw it around, but it was kind of hard with a broken leg.

I went to the medical bay and looked for something to do with Medix's stuff, but it was just a bunch of confusing books and supplies I didn't know how to use.

Hoist was about the same, he had a bunch of confusing machines and inventions.

Wedge had construction stuff which I stacked and played around with, but it got boring and I went to whirl's berthroom.

When I stepped inside I immediately had an idea of what to do.

I could practice flying.

It's dangerous, but it would be good to practice. The team would be proud of me.

I stepped out of Whirl's room and ran/limped to hero hall, occasionally flapping my wings and jumping in the air as short practice.

-----

The platform towered above me, I think I set it too high.. it's probably fine. I added stairs and a net for safety.

I crawled up the stairs and prepared to jump. I spread my wings, set my feet, and inhaled deeply.

I ran to the edge and tried to avoid tripping as I jumped from the platform and fell to the ground, I squeezed my eyes shut and felt myself land softly in the net I placed.

I didn't glide like last time.

I ran back up and did it again, I glided a little bit.

I repeated this for a while, each time I got better at gliding.

I never fully glided as long as I wanted to, but I made great progress.

I must have been doing this longer than I thought because soon Blades showed up out of nowhere and started freaking out when he saw me jump.

"Cynder what are you doing?!" His scream attracted the recruits and they came running.

I glided for a minute and fell to the net while the recruits cheered me on.

When Blades was sure I was safe he shut off the sim and ran to me.

"Are you insane?? You could've gotten hurt!! How long were you doing that?!" He kneeled to my level and checked me all over.

The team came over and excitedly talked about me gliding. Blades yelled at them and tried to send them away.

Hotshot snuck past Blades and sat down to be at my level.

"That was so cool! You flew for so long!" He pet my head and I flapped my wings happily. Blades was too busy yelling and didn't notice Hotshot and I, everyone else did though.

Whirl gave me a thumbs up, Wedge nodded, Hoist smiled and Medix was too focused on Blades to do anything.

Eventually Blades did notice Hotshot and he got in big trouble, the recruits were sent out if hero hall and Blades took me to the medical bay despite nothing being wrong.

He sighed and looked at me disapprovingly.

"I'm happy you finally flew, but that was dangerous. Don't do it again, I want you to wait until your leg is healed before you fly again. When they happens, I will be there to help. Okay?" He asked. I looked down and nodded slowly.

Blades smiled and pet me.

"Good, now let's see how you're holding up." He turned to grab an x-ray.

He checked my leg and hummed in thought.

"It's healed.. a lot actually, if it continues at this rate is say you'd be good in about three weeks."

Three weeks?! He acted like it was a good thing but three weeks is a long time!

I pouted and Blades put the x-ray away.

"Don't worry, we'll take you on rescues so you don't have to be alone here, okay?" He said. I guess that's okay.. I nodded.

It'll be fine.

Got a little lazy on this chapter, I wrote the whole thing in a car and I don't actually know where I am so if I don't write another chapter within a month I've gone missing and I'm somewhere in Minnesota.