The following weeks

Third POV

Cynder obeyed Blades' wishes and didn't practice flying until she was healed, in the meantime she went on easy missions and helped with sims while she healed.

The recruits were upset she couldn't actually train with them but they found ways to include her, even if it was as simple as letting her carry sticks or anything else they needed.

"Great job recruits! Another successful mission." Boulder shut the sim off. The team just finished rescuing a family of cats from a river.

"We're amazing at this." Hotshot said. Boulder smirked.

"I wouldn't say you're amazing, not yet. You still had a lot of mistakes." He said.

"So what if it took us ten tries?" Hotshot shrugged.

"We'll get it first time on the next sim!" Whirl yelled. Hoist nodded in agreement. Medix rolled his eyes.

"We would have aced it the first time this time if Hotshot had studied." He glanced at Hotshot.

"Pfft, I studied!" Hotshot argued. Wedge have him a weird look.

"How long? Three minutes?" He joked. Hotshot glared at him.

Cynder watched her team talk about the sim and wondered who's fault it really was, who actually made them fail?

She had the slightest idea it was her fault, she was only there to grab a log and give it to Hoist.

She walked quietly behind everyone while silently accusing herself of the failure. Whirl noticed this and stepped in.

"Hey Cynder, how ya feeling?" She slowed her step so she would be next to her. Cynder let out a sad groan.

I didn't help at all in the sim, it's my fault we failed. She thought. Whirl didn't know exactly what was going on but she tried to help best she could.

"What's bugging you? Was it the sim?" She asked. Cynder slowly nodded. "Don't worry, we'll get the next one." Whirl nudged her. Cynder shook her head and sat down in the middle of the hallway.

I'm no use in these missions, I can't walk right, actually I can barely walk at all, and I can't fly! Cynder angrily  thought. She wrapped her wings and tail around herself so she was just a ball of purple feathers.

"Are you blaming yourself for the mission failure?" Whirl took a wild and surprisingly accurate guess. Cynder just thumped her tail on the ground as an answer. Whirl sat down with her.

At this point the rest of the team realized Whirl and Cynder were gone and saw them sitting on the floor. Hoist went to them while Wedge and Hotshot went off to do other things.

"What's going on?" Hoist quietly asked, it was no use whispering because of Cynder's good hearing. Whirl explained the situation and Hoist sat down with them.

"Look Cynder! Hoist is here! Even he agrees that it want your fault!" Whirl tried to get Cynder to stop shielding herself.

"Yeah, it's not your fault you can't fly, you just haven't been taught how to yet. Personally, I blame D/N (eyy look who's back for a millisecond) for not teaching you." Hoist pet her wings. Cynder peeked through her feathers slightly.

Whirl suddenly got an idea.

"Hey! What if we get D/N to come over and teach Cynder to fly???" Whirl said excitedly. Hoist's eyes widened and Cynder dropped her wings.

She can't come over, I don't even know where she is! Cynder tilted her head.

"That's.. not a terrible idea... But I don't think the professors would-" Hoist was cut off by Heatwave.

"I could arrange it."

Sorry to end the chapter like that but it's 12:56 am and I'm tired.

So yeah D/N's comin back for a chapter or two. That is.. after Cynder's leg heals.