SECOND CHANCE

SECOND CHANCE

Ha Rin smiled

Ha Rin smiled. She was looking through her phone at all the pictures she and Sunmi took while they were together. Even though they had been broken up for 6 months, she missed the girl more than anything else. She wanted to embrace her and go on dates. She wanted to be the one to kiss her cheek and hold doors open. But she was convinced that chance would never be hers again. Sunmi would move on with someone else and Ha Rin would be forced to crawl herself back into the ocean in a desperate (and somewhat sad) attempt to move on. Or so... that's how the BTS members thought she was feeling. Ha Rin was actually more consumed by the loss of what could have been than the loss of the relationship itself.

Jin, saw Ha Rin sat on the sofa and gave a sad smile.

"Thinking of her again?"

She looked up at him, the same way he was looking at her. "Yes..." she admitted..

"You could talk to her..." Jin suggested. He didn't know what to do. Ha Rin was cheerful, she always had been and she still was. But when she thought of Sunmi and what could have been she has this sad aura. The BTS members hated seeing her like this.

"You know that wouldn't work Jinnie..." Ha Rin allowed him to fill in the blanks. Everyone in BTS knew that Sunmi had been the one to end their relationship. They both knew the relationship would be unable to continue while Sunmi was still half in the closet.

"Move on" Jin told her. "It would be good for you, we hate seeing you like this" he placed a hand on her shoulder and sat down next to her on the sofa.

He saw the picture she was looking at. "They're all fond memories now" he offered her a smile.

Jin's words made Ha Rin feel better, they reassured her that even throughout all of this, her falling for another idol and the breakup, that BTS would always be there for her. It reminded her that these men had not only become her friends but her family.

She placed her hand on top of Jin's on her shoulder.

"I'll be okay"

"I hope so" he replied before leaving her alone so that he could cook dinner for the group.

She glanced at her phone, at the contacts that were there. There was one number sat there. One that she had been hesitant to use. But in that moment, she saw no more reason why she couldn't take the risk, risk herself and her heart again.

She dialed the number.

Jin's POV

When I got into the kitchen I saw Yoongi waiting with Jungkook. He was obviously concerned about Ha Rin, just as everyone else was, but didn't want to admit it to her face.

"Is she okay?" He asked me as I got out the ingredients for dinner.

"She will be" I smiled. I had hope. Everyone who knew Ha Rin knew she wasn't the kind of person to sit and mope for two long. As much as she loves Sunmi, we all knew that she would try to move on. Try to do something other than write songs and think about the past.

Yoongi nodded at my response but made no move to show further concern. Trusting the words that I had already spoken.

Jungkook spoke up, "If she wasn't gay who do you think she'd go for?" He asked trying to diffuse the tension.

Namjoon stood in the door frame, obviously having just arrived in the middle of the conversation. "Didn't she once say that she would be straight for all of Monsta X?"

I chuckle, knowing that she definitely did. "First of all, that's a mood. Second of all, didnt she follow that up by saying that she was probably gay for pretty much everyone in Girl's Generation?"

Jungkook chimed in, "That's even more of a mood"

I chuckled once more at the group's debate. This conversation had definitely relieved a lot of the tension that had previously hung in the air as we all remembered the shrine that Rinnie used to have for Girl's Generation before deciding it was probably a bit creepy and dismantling it.

"Didn't she have a thing for Mamaoo at some point?" Yoongi asked smirking before standing up to give his best Ha Rin impression. "It's not MY fault if Moonbyul is my gay fantasy" he said in a high voice.

Ha Rin's POV

I smiled at the delightful sound of my non-members laughing that was coming from the kitchen. I could hear Yoongi's impression and knew that they were joking about my slight Mamamoo obsession, but I didn't care. I knew that I wasn't as sad about Sunmi as I was when we first broke up. I was sad at the idea of a working relationship being lost. I enjoyed the dates I had with her but at the end of the day. Those "I love you's" weren't real. And they weren't real for her either. We both knew that when we spoke those words, we meant that we loved our friendship. We loved the idea of a relationship. But we weren't in love.

But there was a girl, a girl that even though at this moment in time I didnt love her, I knew that I should give her a chance. So I did it, I called her up and asked her on a date. Every relationship starts somewhere and not all relationships last but where would I get if I decided to stop trying?

I had to keep trying. I wan to finally experience the feeling of being in love. I want Jin to aggressively ship me with the love of my life, I want Namjoon to attempt to give me advice but fail, I want Taehyung to waddle up to my bedroom door all red faced to hang a tie around the knob for me, I wanted Jungkook to try and embarrass me by showing her pictures of me from debut days.

It would all begin with date number one.