COMING OUT

COMING OUT

Ha Rin first came out to the Korean public in 2018 when her solo career was announced

Ha Rin first came out to the Korean public in 2018 when her solo career was announced. She announced that there would be a song on the album dedicated to a female Korean idol she once dated. It was never announced who the woman was and fans love to speculate which song was about the mystery woman.

Ha Rin since has been an avid supporter of LGBT+ rights in Korea and is seen quite often waving rainbow flags. Her friends often support her on social media, with messages for support for her along the journey.

Of course, living in such a homophobic part of the world she is often ridiculed for her sexuality but she hasn't wasted any time letting haters disrespect her.

After her solo album was released, she released a line of rainbow merch with the proceeds going towards charities that help support LGBT+ people. Then tweeted the following sentence. "My blood isn't red. It's a whole fxxxing rainbow. You can't change DNA. #CELESTE"

She also announced to fans that her stage name was celeste because she wanted people to know that no matter who they were, what their race or sexuality was, everyone deserved to reach for the stars and come out shining.