-Ch 22: Bitter Sisters + Concerns.

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Bitter Sisters + Concerns.

-Niall Horan-

It was cold. Very cold, was the air that was weaving in and out of the previously heated surroundings. Although, I was a little too tired to pursue this temperature change further; so I squeezed my eyes shut tighter. There was some sort of brief light, but it was so dark in the mornings now it was most likely artificial. Just really adding to the fact that I was even less motivated for the day as it was.

The only real assurance I had that I had at least another half-hour before I really had to drag myself into dismal reality, was the fact that Ashley was still beside me, notably, still asleep too. Even though it was sometimes hard to tell, considering she was a very quiet and still sleeper.

Nonetheless, I pulled my reassurance closer. Enduring in the only real physical contact we were going to get today.

It was still very hard for me to get used to the fact that there was now someone else in the house. It was kind of intimidating in the wake things too. I suppose I just really wasn't sure how I was supposed to act with someone else around. Said someone being a person that it would probably not be the brightest of ideas to give the wrong impression too. Everything was very relaxed before she 'went' I didn't exactly know why I was incapable of acting normal now, but I was. It was weird though, it hadn't even been like she'd really been somewhere else, and she'd just had a very long break in the terms of enduring life in general. Sometimes, I wondered what it would be like to wake up one day, in a hospital room and have somebody tell you that you'd been in a coma for over a year. But then I would stop thinking, because that never really outputted anything very good.

I assumed the presence of Ashley's sister to be evident now, that was if I had my eyes open since there was a soft knock at the door. But then again, there was the contrary fact that she didn't often knock, and was also not likely to get up before the time of midday. She slept a lot; it was almost like she was making up for the teenage years she missed out on. And maybe she was, I never seemed to be able to work her out completely, but maybe that was for the best too.

"Ignore her." Ashley's voice was a whisper against my shoulder, so I guess she thought it was her sister too, and she really wasn't still asleep after all.

I was opening my mouth to reply some kind of breathy words of agreement at this, before someone else's voice cut me off. And it wasn't Ashley, it was not her sister, it was Valerie. "Well that was rude Dawson."

I felt Ashley tense beside me, and despite myself and the surprise I held at the fact that Valerie had just plainly turned up at our bedroom door well before Ashley had even started the getting up process, I found this slightly humorous at the panic it would cause my girlfriend.

So I pulled Ashley closer as she swiftly turned over away from me, refraining the smirk that was threatening to reveal my humour as it briefly swam across my lips. As a result of this my arm was violently pushed away, but we all knew that Ashley was not the strongest of people.

For a few moments as Ashley composed herself for as much as you can when you've just been woken up by your boss at some kind of early time, there was a silence filled with smugness and thick air as Ashley and Valerie stared back at each other; notably, contrasting emotions washed over their features.

"So," Valerie said, a wide smile spreading across her red clad lipsticked lips. I just watched as she stared in a rather entertained fashion at Ash. "This is what your mornings are like."

"Well I wouldn't say they consist of you quite this early," Ashley scoffed, running an obviously self-conscious hand through her hair which was knotted greatly with the prospect of sleep.