Gripping To My Sword with White Knuckles

When I woke, there were voices. 

        "Nobody should have to clean their own wounds like that!" I remembered the voice as the she-mortal's. She sounded angry, or maybe just annoyed.

        "Bliss! We've lost precious information because of you helping it! We could've learned how his medical system works." Dr. George complained. Ah, so the she-mortal's name was Bliss. Is that a common mortal name? I'd have to ask Zeus when I got back home. 

        "Whatever he is, it's not human to let someone do that to themselves! He was bleeding out George!" Bliss screamed. Without really meaning to, I opened my eyes and saw that they were gathered in the kitchen area, standing around the counters. They didn't see me wake up, and continued bickering. 

        "Darling, it's best that you simply leave him alone." Dr. George said, hopefully calming down. I didn't have the energy to break them up if things got bad. Normally, I would have...Alessa help me in those type of situations. Tears burned my eyelids, but I ignored them and continued listening. 

        "Just know, that when he's dying because you won't help him, then I'll take him away from here, and you can say goodbye to your precious god." The girl stormed out of the kitchen, past me and out a door, maybe leading to another room...or the way out? Slowly, I tried to sit up. Dr. George was too busy studying his drink to look at me, so I continued. My weapons were still sheathed around my waist, so I tried to make my way to the door. 

        When I scooted off the couch, my leg collapsed, sending me to the ground. Pains shot up my spine as I clutched my wound. Dr. George looked up from his cup and a worried look plastered itself on his face. "Wait, don't move!" He picked up a small black box from the counter top and approached me. "Patient seems to experience human pain, just as the wounded leg has suggested. Can you tell me how you feel?" He pointed the black box to me, but I just continued screaming. 

        "H-help me!" I cried. What kind of torture are you completing? I thought. The door in which the  she-mortal had stormed through, opened. Bliss was standing there, searching for me. 

        "George!" When she saw Dr. George just standing there, she shot him a look that could break mirrors. I screamed louder as more pain shot up my leg. Note To Self: Don't try and move again! I leaned against the couch, and despite my Note-to-Self, I tried to stand. The pain was excruciating, but relying mostly on the couch as a support, I stood. 

        "Patient has now stood, undermining that he is severely injured in the left leg. This, is a miracle." George praised. Bliss, tired of it, took the black box from his hand, and threw it against the wall. It shattered, sending George flying after it. She then, proceeded to help me. 

        "I think we both agree that you shouldn't be moving without any help, yeah?" She asked, hefting me on to the couch again. I nodded, letting out a shaky breath. Sweat dripped out of every pore in my body, making it seem hotter than it really was in the room. 

        "In a few days, when I am healed, I won't have to deal with this much pain." I said, finally letting go of my injured leg. She gave me a surprised look. 

        "Sorry, but this isn't just going to heal 'in a few days'." She scoffed. 

        "For you mortals, it'd take about a year, correct?" I asked. She nodded. "Well, us gods are much stronger and can heal faster. So yes, a few days, and then I'll go home." I said, remembering that yesterday, my mother was supposed to return from her voyage. She'll  help me get through this.