Chapter 29 - Muted

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

As soon as I landed on the bed, millions of thoughts were buzzing in my mind. I bounced a bit and sat on it, looking straight through my window at Tristan who was glaring swords, daggers, knives and razors at Carter. I saw Carter go up to the window, waved goodbye and saw his cheeks rise up that told me he was smiling, before he closed the curtains on Tristan.

"Why have you changed Carter? What has Andrew done to you?" I asked, my body quivering in fright like a small rabbit.

"Why have you changed Carter? What has Andrew done to you?" he mimicked me, making my voice sound squeaky. "Shut up."

I shut up as I watched him get on all fours on the bed and crawl towards me. I decided to stay strong. Scarlett Evans always had to be in a sentence with feisty in it. I glared at him but he just smirked and kept on coming closer.

"Get away from me." I growled.

"Ooh, you better watch that pretty little mouth of yours." he said, but I'm guessing that was one of his 'rules' now. "Now, you will do as I say."

"And what if I don't?" I raised an eyebrow, challenging him.

"You'll face the consequences." he replied threateningly.

"Get away from me." I repeated.

"I'm fine thanks." he went closer and smelt me, closing his eyes and opening them again. "It's your fault that you're so damn irresistable."

He went even closer as I backed away as far as I could. I knew I'll regret it later but...

"I said, get away from me." I snarled and slapped him as hard as I could muster. He recovered only to glare at me with hard, green eyes. In a flash, his hands went up to my chest and in a blur, he had ripped my bra off. I screamed and grabbed my duvet, covering myself with it.

"And I said, you will obey me." he growled, going on top of me but I was still clutching my duvet and covering myself as much as I could.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I-I'll do what you want." I stuttered, without a choice.

"Good. Now kiss me." he ordered.

"W-what?" I replied stupidly.

"Kiss me, or I'll get Andrew and his men to hurt Tristan." his eyes were amused as he saw how I reacted to Tristan, how I would protect him when it's me who needs the protection. I nodded sadly, agreeing to the deal. I couldn't let Tristan get hurt anymore than he was, otherwise he would die. Carter leaned his head towards me and crashed his lips to mine, I wanted to scream and puke but I did nothing. Instead, I just let him kiss me. "I want you to kiss me back."

"I can't do that." I replied simply, my head was dizzy, it felt like an empty shell.

"Then Tristan will die. And it'll be your fault."

I gulped, the line being branded into my mind and the unbearable pain of seeing Tristan dead eating me alive. I nodded again, looking down as he tried once more. I closed my eyes tight and pretended that this was Tristan, I kissed him as vigourously as I had done in the healing room, putting all my energy into it. He kissed me back too but his hands always kept on exploring me; Tristan didn't do that. Maybe occasionally, but even if his touches were lustful, there was always love and I felt it too.