Chapter 35 - Alpha Owned

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

I covered my mouth with my hands, staring down at the limp body under me. There was a moment's silence. My body was shaking and I couldn't stop. I could feel the silent tears already running down my cheeks as I felt my body go dead by seeing his.

Andrew and Carter broke the silence by laughing out loud. I looked up at them with hatred, disgust and disbelief. How could they laugh at this?!

I didn't respond to them, forgetting that they were even there because all that mattered was Tristan and me. I started crying louder instead, tears spilling down from my eyes, gliding down my neck and I dropped down as my knees failed on me, staring at a dead Tristan. I clutched my hair, wanting to pull it out, getting a sudden urge to hurt myself for all times I hurt him, I screamed and cried at the same time, going more and more insane by the second.

This couldn't be true. No, it couldn't. He would wake up. He always wakes up.

I remember how in the classroom, Carter had slashed him across the back and he had taken it. He always woke up. He always comes back for me. He's not dead. No. He is not dead.

I touched him gently, trying not to look at the blood on his back even though I could see the words carved into his skin. I turned him over, not wanting to hurt him eventhough he couldn't feel it, and saw him with his eyes closed, as if he was sleeping. I sobbed even harder. My Tristan. My Tristan was dead. I knew, that in that moment, I could never live again.

He was everything!

He was everything to me!

I hate everyone! I hate life! I hate death!

I hate everything about the world!

I was angry at the universe and everything in it. I was angry at fate, destiny and how it all turned out. I was angry at everything for taking him away from me!

He was the only thing that I needed! The only thing that kept me going!

Why did he have to die?

Why?!

Why wasn't it me?!

I saw memories of us in my head, the first time I met him, how he stalked me, how he never let me go, how he bit me, how he said the sweetest things, how his kisses felt, how he comforted me when I was upset, all the times he told me he loved me, more and more scenes of him and us flooded into my head, making me feel like I was about to explode.

He didn't deserve to die!

I should have died instead!

He was such a good person! He had such a pure heart! Better than mine!

I felt guilty for all the times I shouted at him, I rejected him, how I said I hated him but one thing hit me the most.

The time I told him I didn't care if he died and that he should go rot in hell.

I didn't mean it. I didn't mean it!

This is all my fault!

All of our memories together were still fresh in my head, I wish I could take all the bad ones back but I couldn't. I wish I could stop him the night he left, but I couldn't. All I could do now was wish.