Chapter 22 - The Chase

© 2012 Dusk2Dawn. All rights reserved

The Love Triangle

No part of this story may be reproduced, duplicated or copied in any way. The storyline, the credit, the plot, and every word of this book belongs to the author, please respect that. Thank you.

"First, you fight with Becky Michaels for god knows what, and the next second, your climbing over the gates, bunking, ignoring the teachers who are calling out for you, breaking school rules, probably hurting yourself, and for what? Attention?" Mr Jackson was pacing up and down his room rubbing his chin while glancing at me from time to time. I slouched back in my chair and crossed my arms, staring him talking useless nonsense that had no effect on me. "I don't know what's happened to you Miss Evans. You were a model student, A stars in every lesson, what happened?"

I didn't reply.

"If help is what you want, then all you need to do is ask." he sat down in his chair behind the table and stared at me intently. "Scarlett, now, I know it must be hard, without your dad, but-but we all need to move on sometime." his voice was shaky and it was obvious to me that he hadn't moved on with whatever had happened in his past.

"Yes. It is very difficult. But I'll try to contribute as much as I can sir." I might as well play along, if I wanted to leave today. I got up to leave and walked to the door. I gripped the door handle and walked out without another word. I walked down the empty corridors, the echoes of my footsteps screaming out in the silence. School had ended ages ago, I hadn't even bothered to come today, not after that incident yesterday.

I stopped walking when I heard voices coming from the boy's toilets. I looked to the left slowly, wondering if my ears were betraying me after serving me for so long.

"Oh Tristan!" it was that girl's voice. Tristan's lab partner... what was her name? Oh yeah! Stacy! The slag who liked Riley too. She said it dirty, and I instantly started to imagine what they were doing in there. My mind was being stabbed with images every second and I felt my wolf growl but she was just trying to hide the pain that was building up inside of her. Inside of me.

"Stacy, I-" he started, like he didn't know what he was doing. 

"You don't have to explain Tristan... it's okay... I understand..." she replied, but I knew she meant so much more. I can imagine her trailing her finger down the muscular chest I used to sleep on. I squeezed my eyes closed and pinched the bridge of my nose with my index finger and thumb. No, Scarlett, no. You are NOT going to cry. Pull yourself together. He's just a stupid little good-for-nothing cheater.

So naturally; tears slid down my cheek. But I quickly wiped them away as soon as they appeared, I mean, who knows when he might just randomly pop out of there?

"Just forget about her... kiss me..." she said, trying to sound seductive but epically failing.

 There was a silence. I was pretty sure he was kissing her.

I was practically leaking right now. There was no point wiping tears away when fresh ones replaced them, I put my face in my hands, imagining what was going on behind the door to my left. But everytime he made me feel hurt, I think of all he had been through, pitying him for living such a life as an orphan. I felt guilty for being mad at him, he was an orphan, was this his way on taking out his anger on the world?

Meaningless sex?

But it was unbelievable he would do that to me. He made me think I meant the world to him.

As I was crying and covering my mouth carefully so as to not any sound out, I accidently let one sob out and it could be heard all throughout the corridors. He had heard me and he could smell me. I could feel it. I started to ran down the hallway, not looking back. The taste of fresh tears was saltly as it slyly slid into my mouth.