Epic

"Come on baby...come on baby...come...on...baby..." I kept saying to myself as I looked down at my shoes and rubbed my hands together.

"Where is she?! Where is my daughter?!" I could hear Stacey screaming down the hall, but I continued to keep my head down and my eyes were now looking at the palms of my hands.

Everything around me feels like a dream...like any moment now I'm going to wake up and be back at Steelo's and have Bella standing at the foot of the bed yelling at me while I just look at her...everything after that...just didn't happen...

"MICHAEL! ANSWER ME!" I lifted my head slowly when her voice was much closer to me and saw her eyes were holding in tears and her face was broke down into a scold.

I opened my mouth to answer her, but stopped...I looked around her to see no one before looking up and down the hall to see no one else with her.

"Whe...where is everybody?" I cleared my throat and tried to get out. From going off awhile ago my throat was dry and I sounded crazy.

She took a step back and looked me over before her eyes went into slits and she shook her head at me.

"That's all you're worried about? Everyone else!? My grandchild and daughter can die and you're worried about everyone fucking else Bakari!?" I cut my eyes at her and raised a brow. Was she serious? Stacey rolled her eyes at me and wiped a few unshed tears from her eyes while I stood up to get a good look at her.

He stance, her attitude...I can very much understand her anger and frustration, but...but the way she was coming at me...something inside of me just...clicked and I felt myself going into defense mode.

"What?" I asked while tilting my head down and looked at her. I could feel myself getting more upset from how she rolled her eyes at me. She stood up straight and looked around before refocusing her attention on me.

"You...this is all your fucking fault. That demon seed you put in my child could have killed-" Without a second thought of where I was or who was looking or who's neck my hands were now wrapped around; I pushed her against the nearest wall and brought my face close to hers.

"Fuck you call my son?" I asked knowing full well she couldn't answer me with her tongue hanging out. I watched her eyes bug out and heard her gagging and felt the corners of mouth twitch upward knowing I was doing something I wanted to do for a long ass time now.

But just as I started to squeeze more I heard footsteps coming and rolled my eyes. Giving another quick squeeze and hearing her gag again I let go and watched her started to slide down the wall, but I quickly pulled her up to me and hugged her just as I saw Dr. Perkins along with another doctor and nurses bending the corner.

"Everything is going to be okay ma...alright, I promise they will be alright..." I made sure everyone could see and hear me talking to her in a comforting way while Stacey shook in my arms.

"I will get you for this." She whispered while I rubbed her back and shushed her and finally gave everyone my attention.

"Excuse me uh...Michael...mom? We do have some good news for you two." I let Stacy go and she quickly turned around to show her eyes were bloodshot, tears were streaming down her face and she was still a shaking mess. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me and kissed the top of her head.

"You...y...you said good ne...new-news?" Stacey stuttered out and I looked down at her to she as she was breathing a snot bubble formed before she quickly grabbed the inside of her shirt and covered her nose.