Date Night

"Did I tell you how lovely you look tonight Bella?" My date Richard asked me and I offered him a small smile while we waited for the doors to open to our movie theater.

This was our first date and I decided to pick somewhere close...for me! With this being a work night and all...however I still wanted to get off...hopefully sooo...here we are.

"Thank you Richard, you're so sweet." I rubbed his shoulder and went back to sipping my cherry flavored Icee while we stood in line.

"I can't believe you picked Infinity Wars thought, of all movies." He chuckled to himself. I was staring at a poster with Tome Cruise on it when I heard him. I glanced over at him and I raised a brow.

"Why is that, you don't like Marvel movies?" I asked and he quickly stopped laughing and shook his head.

"Oh no I do! It's just I never met a woman who liked them as well. I mean the way you've have been talking about it, I think you know more about it than I do." He smiled down at me and I smirked and looked away in slight annoyance.

Richard was a tall, light skin man with dark eyes, jet black hair cut low and his facial hair consist of a simple mustache and chin hair trimmed up. He was a professor at Morgan State and crazy enough we met at my job; M&T Bank about two months ago. He has a nice natural looking built to him...he was a cutie with his chiseled jawline and full lips.

When he saw my degree hanging on my wall that's how our conversation went from business to personal. With me graduating from Morgan and he works there...the conversation just flowed from there.

"Well I do enjoy them a lot, in fact I use to read the comic books all the time with my childhood friend..." I was explaining my hobby I had with of all people Michael...hell he's the reason I'm so in love with these movies now.

I was in the middle of explain more about how much I knew about the comics when the sent hit me before I heard his voice...that damn Creed.

"I can't believe we are going to see some damn Infinity War, Kari you promised me-" I closed my eyes and kept my back turned once I heard the name "Kari".

"I promised you a night out and this is it, see if I take your annoying ass anywhere else...nothing but a damn nag." I look over and saw Michael's face all scrunched up in annoyance and quickly turned my body so he couldn't see me.

"Well there goes a couple that is obviously madly in love." Richard leaned in and whispered in my ear. I giggled and kept my head down so I didn't bring attention to us.

I got myself together and my thoughts went back to the night of the block party and I started to feel myself get annoyed all over again.

Michael hit my phone non-stop that night and I would not answer. Since he likes to leave people high and dry, I decided to give him the shit right back to him...that was a week ago.

I talked to Lex that night and I guess my words really got to her because she answered on half a ring. I told her what he did...AFTER she finished laughing at me she promised me she would dig in his ass. I told her not to bother because who knows when I would see him again...even though I did start following him on Instagram...he was still eye candy right?

"I heard a lot of spoilers about this movie-" I broke out of my thoughts and looked up at Richard and held my hand up to his mouth.

"You better not!" I and someone behind me said at the same time. I turned around to see who else said it and instantly made eye contact with Michael.