Straight Bullsh!t

"Here are the files you asked for and they all have been proof read and I left notes where I found eras...anything else Bru...Mr. Reed?" I asked before taking a step back. I was somewhat proud of my self because this was the first time I asked without rolling my eyes.

Bruce looked up from his computer screen and smirked before thumbing through the files I placed on his desk. He sat his pen down and leaned back in his chair.

"You're making progress." He nodded towards me. I raised a brow and folded my arms over my chest. The smug look he was giving me was annoying the hell out of me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and he gave me his big smile, before sitting up and speaking.

"You didn't roll your eyes this time." My mouth dropped while he laughed lightly and went back to whatever it was he was doing on his computer.

I found out shortly after the dinner that Bruce would be spending two months at our branch to get a feel for things and how we all worked together. He also was in charge of four fires at the beginning of the years so a lot of people were on their toes while he was around and buttering him up. Me on the other hand, I was trying to stay AWAY from him as much as possible, but somehow I always found myself in his office doing something for him...like we didn't have other assistant managers here or like he didn't have an assistant himself!

"Anything else Mr. Reed?" I asked again while checking my watch. This day dragged along all the way to the finally second and him not answering my question was making it worse. He bit down on his lip and glanced at me before opening his mouth.

"Yes their is one last thing...a question actually." He shut down his computer and stood up. He walked around to the front of his desk and took a seat on it right in front of me.

"And what is that Mr. Reed-" I asked while letting out a sigh. He looked down at his watch and smiled.

"It's past five Bella, call me Bruce-" I smacked my lips and gave him a boring look.

"I rather not-" Bruce rubbed his hands together before folding them in his lap and shrugged.

"Why are you so cold to me?" He blurted out. He looked at me with those blue eyes that always seemed to pierce through my soul and honestly, it took me by surprise.

"Excuse me?" I asked and he stood up and placed his hands in his pockets.

"I mean...I know we broke up and I was a bit on the controlling side...but last I checked...we didn't have a bad break up. No one cheated, no domestic issues...why are you so cold to me? I mean honestly, what did I do to make you treat me the way you do?" I opened my mouth a few times before biting down on my lip. Bruce just stood there patiently waiting for an answer and finally I just blurted out what I thought was a good one.

"Because if I'm not, you're going to think we are getting back together and that is not the case-" Bruce cocked his head to the side and gave me a half smile.

"Oh really? You sure it's not the fact you make yourself hate me because you're scared we just may get back together?"

"You have a wild imagination-" I held my hands up and started to back out of his office, but he grabbed my hands to keep me put.

"Really? Okay...I will not make one move on you at all...will you stop being an ice queen to me now?" I gave him a boring look and pulled my hands out of his grasp.

"And I can trust you-" I asked and he genuinely looked offended by me questioning him.

"Give me one reason why you shouldn't? I've never lied to you Bella or giving you any other reason to NOT trust me-" I sighed and placed my hands on my hips while he stood directly in front of me and I saw his face was starting to turn red.